Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Vice Principal 1’s role is to deputize for the Principal, support the Principal, and be a unifying force within the school, which requires understanding of everyone else’s job so that appropriate leadership and support can be given. He/She reports directly to the Principal, and may take up to half a teaching load.
The Vice Principal 1 has specific responsibilities within the school. He/She effects the day-to-day schedules of the school but refers all decisions involving major contractual issues, school policy shifts, major purchases, and resource utilization to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) of which he/she is a member.
The Vice Principal 1’s roles and responsibilities within the school include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside the Principal and SLT to drive the school’s vision and mission, and align them with all school endeavors;
- Work alongside the Principal, Board of Directors and Staff to support a robust program of School Self Evaluation;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Work alongside the Principal, SLT, Board of Directors and Staff to develop rigorous and sustainable School Development Planning;
- Identify needs and lead initiatives from the School Development Plan across the school;
- Lead teaching and learning and implement initiatives and programmes that secure improved teaching and learning outcomes
- Support aspects of curriculum development across the school, and be responsible for its quality and effectiveness;
- Take a lead role in developing strategies for improving progress and achievement across the whole school;
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team to develop, monitor and evaluate the role and responsibilities of the Heads of Departments and Teachers;
- Keep up to date with current initiatives and outstanding practice, disseminating this information where appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of a positive school ethos and a culture of respect, high expectations and excellence within the school;
- Represent the school when required, and deputize for the Principal.
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL DUTIES FOR THE VICE PRINCIPAL 1
LEADING TEACHING AND LEARNING:
- Using your knowledge and understanding of curriculum design and management, work with the Curriculum Management Team to ensure teaching and learning at the College is excellent
- Model the principles of quality teaching and learning and assessment and lead school review and self-evaluation initiatives to secure improved outcomes for all staff and students
- Develop and use effective assessment and moderation systems to train and support teachers in their assessment for and of learning
- Use extensive knowledge of effective practice, and research evidence to improve learning outcomes
- Must demonstrate prior experience and knowledge of strategies for improving learning outcomes; must use such experiences to help SOS-HGIC achieve excellence for all
- Must have proven experience of using new technologies to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- Knowledge and experience in the use of tools for data collection and analysis of teaching outcomes
- Manage and use performance data to raise attainment
- Develop a whole school culture of best practice in teaching and learning
- Capitalise on appropriate sources of external support and expertise for the good of SOS-HGIC
- Evaluate, review and develop sustainable systems and structures which could be implemented at SOS-HGIC to secure excellent teaching and learning
LEADING CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Empower individual staff to be responsible for their own professional development
- Empower team leaders to be responsible for their team’s learning programmes
- Have an overview of the learning needs of all staff in the school and their impact on standards and propose strategies to meet the needs and ultimately secure whole school improvement
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that CPD and performance management are integral to the improvement cycle of the school
- Ensure that the characteristics of high–quality, professional learning are applied to development opportunities available to all staff
- Promote the link between effective professional learning and the standards of teaching and learning across the whole college
- Integrate local, regional and national opportunities into staff learning plans and relate these to school priorities
- Uses CPD resources strategically to bring about school improvement
- Ensure all staff contribute to effective school evaluation and improvement processes
- Have full oversight of the annual performance management system across the entire college
- Have full responsibility for quality control and review of the existing system including making recommendations for improvements and the implementation of approved enhancements and developments
- Ensure that the Heads of Administrative Units submit periodic departmental reports;
- Contribute to periodic appraisals of all Heads of Academic Departments reporting
- Conduct periodic review of appraisal needs, targets and outcomes and draw out whole school CPD needs that need to be addressed
- Plan for the necessary interventions that need to be put in place and share these plans with the Principal for approval
- Assisting the Principal to oversee the college’s fundraising effort to seed its endowment fund
- Formulating fundraising policies
- Drawing up plans and strategies for the college’s fundraising efforts
- Introducing campaigns and major gift initiatives
- Liaising with key personnel and our partners at SOS-KDI and SOS Ghana on fundraising initiatives
- Working on and directing the production of outreach materials, identifying possible donors and managing fundraising events.
- Planning and directing annual giving activities alongside our local and international SOS partners
- Supporting the Principal in developing and nurturing relationships with our PSAs and major donors
- Preparing budgets for grant proposals
- Pursuing efforts to promote fundraising events regularly
- Evaluating the effectiveness of specific events and advertising campaigns to determine successful programs that need to be prioritized and pursued
- Reviewing unsuccessful programs to learn about the contributing factors that we need to avoid
- Assist the Principal in all her financial responsibilities. In particular, assist the Principal in approving purchases, signing as co-signatory to school accounts, analyzing financial information, and strengthening the effectiveness of control systems;
- Assist the Principal in her budgeting role by being part of the annual budget review panel for Heads of Departments;
- Review budget requests from Heads of Departments for approval;
- Forecast future budget needs and ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines;
- Suggest spending improvements to minimize costs where necessary;
- Assist in planning, implementing and monitoring the financial operations of the College, in conjunction with the Financial Controller, including income/expenditure trends.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- A successful record as a strong and effective decision maker;
- At least five years practical teaching experience in an international school
- At least five years leadership experience in education, teacher professional development or similar at a senior level;
- Ability to provide sound professional leadership to the faculty
- Proven ability to create and maintain a strong commitment to academic excellence;
- Evidence of ability to hold staff to account and implementation of such systems
- Experience of fundraising for development projects; prior experience of writing fund raising proposals and working with donor organizations to secure funds will be an advantage
- Good written reporting skills;
- Experience working in international schools and other non-governmental organizations
- Master’s Degree in Education, or related field,
- IB Professional Development Training
- Ability to lead and to build teams; including line management and remote management;
- Experience and knowledge of international education system(s);
- Experience in fundraising, public relations and communication would be a distinct advantage
- Evidence of well-developed planning skills; Strong IT skills
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.