Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency is searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Editor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops story or content ideas, considering the Agency' mandate and the public interest
- Plans and processes the information in line with the Agency's mandate and the public interest
- Conducts interviews, investigates and makes follow ups on events to produce truthful, fair and accurate news reports
- Covers assignments and write stories and feature articles in clear and concise form for publication
- Ensures subscribers receive timely, relevant, high quality content and stories in the public interest
- Does line report from scene and undertakes specialised field and project assignments
- Researches background of stories and produce comprehensive and accurate information for new features, documentaries and special reports
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information to keep the flow of news in the national interest
- Investigates breaking news, such as disasters, crimes or human-interest stories
- Edits news stories, checks facts and legal breaches, names and titles of newsmakers to ascertain authority to ensure high quality news reports and feature articles that conform to GNA's house style, vision and mission
- Rewrites stories by reporters when necessary to meet editorial and professional standards
- Plans daily assignments for reporters
- Briefs reporters before sending them out on assignments
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalist or Communications with at least 10 years working experience as a Journalist
- Demonstrate ability to generate and develop story ideas
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and must understand at least one Ghanaian language
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to engage in analysis of political, economic and social issues
- Must have social issues
- Should be able to undertake standup interviews
- Demonstrate ability to edit scripts and news stories
- Experience in audio and/video or documentary production
- Strong knowledge and commitment to upholding ethical and professional standards
- Passion for generating and writing interesting and relevant stories
- Critical thinker, analytical and problems-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to work under pressure and good time management skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letters stating the position, district and region with a comprehensive curriculum including supporting documents to the:
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
Applicants must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style, Time Roman, Front size and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength as Journalist and when they should be considered for the role.
Or Send Application to:
Indicating position as the subject
Closing Date: 4th September, 2020
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.