Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency is searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Editor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains high quality reporting and editing of news reports and feature articles to conform to the GNA's house style, vision and mission
- Scrutinizes news stories, checks facts, legal breaches, names and titles of newsmakers to ascertain authenticity
- Corrects mistakes and where necessary, rewrite stories
- May be responsible for the running of a Regional Office of the Agency
- Plans regional programmes and budget
- Disnurses monthly imprest for the region in accordance with established procedures
- Briefs Reporters before sending them on assignments
- Leads a team of Reporters to cover major events
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Trains and mentors team members for best practices and high productivity
- Heads specialised Desk such as Political, Sport, Entertainment, International News
- Business and financial, science, Peace and Security
- Produces monthly report of activities for assessment and innovation
- Undertakes monitoring and evaluation tasks
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master's Degree in Communication or Journalist or related field with at least 15 years experience as a Journalist
- Demonstrate ability to generate and develop story ideas
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and must understand at least one Ghanaian language
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to engage in analysis of political, economic and social issues
- Should be very active on social media
- Experience in investigative journalism or an interest in investigation would be an added advantage
- Experience in audio/video or documentary production
- Strong commitment to upholding high ethical and professional standards
- Good news judgment and ability to prioritize stories to headlines
- Strong passion for generating exclusive stories
- Ability to work around the clock
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letters stating the position, district and region with a comprehensive curriculum including supporting documents to the:
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
Applicants must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style, Time Roman, Front size and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength as Journalist and when they should be considered for the role.
Or Send Application to:
Indicating position as the subject
Closing Date: 4th September, 2020
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.