Chief Reporter - Ghana News AgencyAdvertising/Media Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana News Agency is searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Reporter
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to oral and written instructions and to established procedures
- Covers and reports general news events, conducts interviews and investigations for the writing of special reports in the national interest
- Pitches ideas to editors for follow-up stories
- Research background of stories for comprehensive and accurate news features and special reports
- Arranges interviews with sources for well-researched and investigative stories news features and documentaries
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individuals who are credible source of information in the interest of the nation
- Reports on assigned beats, such as Law and Order, Peace and Security, Science and Environment, Agriculture and Parliament on daily basis
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Generates and develops video, online and social media content
- Does line reports from the scene and undertakes special field and investigative assignments
- Rewrites stories of reporters to meet GNA house style and to fit time and space requirements
- Investigates and reports breaking news, such as disasters, crimes or human-interest stories.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Journalist or Communication with 7 years working experience as a Journalist
- Must be a member of a professional association, such as the Ghana Journalists Association
- Demonstrate ability to generate and develop story ideas
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and understand at least one Ghana language
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to analyze political, economic and social issues
- Demonstrate ability edit scripts and news stories
- Must have presence on social media
- Strong experience in and understanding of new media, as well as tradional and digital media in Africa.
- Should be able to undertake standup interviews
- Experience in audio and/or video production
- Strong knowledge and commitment to upholding ethical and professional standards passion for generating and writing interesting and relevant stories
- Critical thinker, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.