Banking Jobs In Accra : Principal Energy Efficiency Specialist & Investment Officer - African Development BankBanking Jobs In Ghana 2020
Jobs In Accra 2020
Scam Alert: Ghana Police Service Recruitment Scam>
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified, namely: energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Years Strategy, High 5s priority of “Light up and Power Africa”. The Complex’s objectives are (i) to develop policy and strategy; (ii) to provide deep sector technical expertise; (iii) to develop new financing instruments; (iv) to act as spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on all aspects of “Light Up and Power Africa”. The Complex will focus on the areas of power systems, renewable energy, energy efficiency, policy and regulation; and, Climate and Green Growth.
The PEVP Complex oversees strategy and policy development in the energy systems space; builds alignment across stakeholders and represents the Bank with external stakeholders; originates projects, develops new, innovative financing instruments; and ensures delivery of the “Light Up and Power Africa” agenda. The Complex originates and executes both public and private sector transactions in partnership with our regional offices and other Departments of the Complex.
THE DEPARTMENT/DIVISION :
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Department has the broad objective of promoting the development of renewable energy and energy efficiency along with clean cooking. The Department is comprised of three divisions, including the Energy Efficiency and Clean Cooking Division.
The Principal Energy Efficiency Specialist & Investment Officer at African Development Bank will contribute towards ensuring the technical strength of the Bank’s energy efficiency activities to place the Bank in a leading role in Africa with respect to the development, financing and deployment of energy efficiency projects. The job holder – in coordination with the Bank’s country offices and other departments – will focus on the preparation and implementation of viable energy efficiency projects across public and private sector clients.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Division Manager – Energy Efficiency and Clean Cooking, the Energy Efficiency Specialist and Investment Officer will perform the following:
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in the Bank’s regional member countries to set up conducive enabling policy and regulatory environment for the development of energy efficiency;
- Mobilize technical assistance resources from internal and external sources for improving the enabling environment for energy efficiency;
- Support the Bank’s regional member countries to ensure the effective implementation of energy efficiency components of their nationally determined contributions;
- Identification and preparation of energy efficiency related operations (policy, advisory, investment) whilst ensuring country ownership;
- Assist the Bank’s clients in structuring and obtaining funding for energy efficiency projects from internal and external climate finance sources or other facilities;
- Review and contribute to the quality assurance of project preparation and project appraisal documents;
- Provide deep expertise for quality assurance of studies related to the development of energy efficiency: preparation of terms of reference, review and validation of feasibility studies and sector analyses;
- Contribute to the preparation of knowledge and analytical work to inform strategic work as well as new energy efficiency operations;
- Undertake any other task that the Division Managers or Director may assign.
- Hold at least a master’s degree or its equivalent in Energy, Sustainable Energy, Engineering, Business Administration or related subjects;
- Have a minimum of six (6) years relevant professional experience related to energy efficiency with experience in project design and implementation;
- Proven experience in conceptualizing, appraising and supervising energy efficiency projects supported by Multilateral Development Banks or Development Finance Institutions is a plus;
- Proven ability to lead energy efficiency project development and financing, ideally with experience in the region;
- Proven ability to provide energy efficiency related technical advice to public and private sector stakeholders;
- Client orientation;
- Innovative thinking;
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with counterparts;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: