Jobs In Accra 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.IFDC’s North and West Africa (NWAF) operates through 7 country offices and has 117 staff members in 9 countries. The country offices are managed by Country Representatives who supervise National Administration and Finance Officers. Activities are implemented divided over 18 multi-annual projects which are coordinated by Project Coordinators / Chief of Parties.
IFDC NWAFD is seeking a Junior Fertilizer Specialist (JFS) to support IFDC North and West Africa field projects and business development that will result in increased revenue and impact.The JFS will report directly to the Regional Director IFDC North and West Africa and will collaborate closely with IFDC Country Representatives.
- Supports the development of key deliverables, such as technical progress reports, work plans, and performance monitoring plans
- Provides report writing support to the portfolio of field projects
- Assist the Regional Director in identifying and developing new business
- Support concept note and proposal development
- Closely work with technical staff and country representatives to:
- identify and engage key stakeholders;
- research, plan, conduct or coordinate in country pre reconnaissance;
- Perform a variety of other related duties as required.
The junior portfolio manager reports directly to the Regional Director.
DUTY STATION: Accra, Ghana
- Degree in agricultural economics business administration, international development or agriculture-related field and at least 2 years relevant work experience in analytical roles within the international development sphere.
- Knowledge of input and fertilizer markets is strongly desirable.
- Excellent oral, written and inter personal and communication skills in English and French
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks;
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently in the region;
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, adaptability and flexibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: