Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Over a four and a half year period, the Mobilising Data for Anti-Corruption (MoDAC) programme aims to improve the quality and use of corruption data in Ghana. MODAC will fund partnerships between professional users of anti-corruption data in law enforcement, civil society, the media and private sector.
The Programme Development Manager in Ghana acts as the central point of leadership for the programme in the country office. The Programme Development Manager is expected to exercise a high degree of hands-on autonomy, representing the programme with a range of partners and stakeholders. The Programme Development Manager will also work in an international team with colleagues in Ghana and other MODAC countries. The Programme Development Manager will regularly report to the Team Leader and maintain strong working relationships with other DFID anti-corruption programmes, as well as other MODAC country offices in Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania and Palladium projects in Ghana.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The primary responsibilities of the Country Programme Development Manager are as follows.
- Develop strong working relationships with the programme’s contact points in the National Government, DFID and other donor programmes in the anti-corruption, accountability and digital/civic tech space, and lead on reporting to them, through both formal and informal channels.
- Manage relationships with the project partners, stakeholders and business partners in the country.
- Develop strong working relationships with the leadership of other development programmes in the country, in particular DFID’s, and exploit complementarities and synergies between MoDAC and them where possible, as well as encourage learning processes among them.
- Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
Programme Leadership and Management
- Provide day to day management as well as longer-term strategic direction to all aspects of the programme in Ghana, ensuring that activities are implemented to a high quality within expected timeframes and expected results are achieved;
- Assist Team Leader with the preparation of the annual strategic plans;
- Lead in the development of technical and operational work plans for Ghana as well as budgets, staffing plans, performance improvement plans and other plans as required, ensuring consultation with the Team Leader, Project Director, Operations Team, and other project staff;
- Assume overall responsibility for the effective and on time implementation of work plans in the Ghana office, within budget, in a manner that meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant;
- Monitor and report on implementation progress; maintain up to date risk registers; use a problem solving approach to work to resolve issues, manage and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate; and
- Supervise the Follow-the-Data and Data-Utilisation partnerships’ development, progress and results for partners that have been selected in the respective country, providing substantial inputs for iteration and learning to generate outstanding results.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Programme Development Manager is recruited to the project under the supervision of the Team Leader.
The Programme Development Manager position requires qualifications and experience relevant to the technical work undertaken under the project. This includes technical expertise in the following areas:
- Management of projects of similar size and scope
- partnership development, grants management and capacity building,
- planning to budget and deadline
- direct engagement with government agencies
- Experience supporting civic empowerment,
- investigative journalism
- civic tech
- engagement with institutions and organisations working on working on data
- engagement with institutions and organisations working on anti-corruption
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: