Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Ghana Audit Service is currently recruiting people with the under-listed qualifications and competencies to fill the vacant positions available in its offices across the country (Ghana) as Assistant Director under Procurement.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
- Develop and execute innovative procurement strategies to reflect all departmental and units’ needs.
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify management of any possible obstacles to achieving value for money.
- Institute policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 Act 663 as amended.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation as it relates to procurement.
- Monitor purchases and deliveries to determine if vendors are meeting performance demands/contracts.
- Participate in procurement process as required under the Public Procurement Act, 2003 Act 663 as amended.
- Develop, prepare and finalize (framework) contracts, term and conditions, and specification validation.
- Plan and facilitate staff development and team building.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
- A minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in Supply Chain Management or as a Procurement/Purchasing Management 4 years of which must be in a middle management position.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience of procurement financed by international/ donor agencies
- A Master’s Degree in procurement or supply chain management/procurement is an added advantage
- Excellent drafting skills end effective spoken and presentational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship within the office.
- Ability to work as part of the team, while taking initiatives to design and lead own work plans;
- Ability to develop clear goals consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities.
- Ability to identify and develop new approaches and innovative ways and means to achieving value for money in procurement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants for the Assistant Director job under Procurement at Ghana Audit Service should:
Interested persons must select the two (2) regions of choice (other than the Greater Accra Region) they will prefer if employed.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be invited to the next phase of the recruitment process.
Ladies and physically challenged persons who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for accepting applications is Thursday 31 October, 2019.