Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Senior Administrative Assistant - Northern Development AuthorityAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2019
Jobs In Ghana 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfill its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the regional levels.
Job Title: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL OFFICER
To provide operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the administrative functions of the regional office.
- Keeps offce records;
- Provides front desk services to clients;
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensures offce supplies and cleanliness;
- Makes appointments for staff;
- Keeps revenue and expenditure ledger;
- Makes transport arrangements for staff;
- Supervises drivers/office assistants;
- Manages the mailing system.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Higher National Diploma/Diploma from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Public Administration, Business Administration Records Management, Archival Studies or any other related field;
- A minimum of three (3) years of post qualification relevant work experience in a reputable organisation;
- Relevant knowledge in ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Administration System;
- Good records and archival management skills;
- Quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills;
- Administrative and secretarial skills;
- High confidentiality and attention to details;
- High integrity with strong ethics and a team player;
- Good customer service skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after publication of this notice.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities;
- Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below;
- Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable);
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related);
- Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
The Head, Human Resource,
Northern Development Authority,
P.O. Box TL 883,
Lamashegu Industrial Area,
Tamale Northern Region.
Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrial area OR at our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.
Visit www.ndagh.org for more information about the Northen Development Authority