Jobs In Sunyani 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To facilitate the regional implementation of the Asset Management (AM) roadmap, application of best-in-class tools and technology, and adoption of global AM standard processes (including EAM SAP business processes), so that asset management becomes a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage.
- Support the enablement of strategic Asset Management projects, as defined by the regional leadership. Support the development of organizational capabilities, including relevant skills and competencies to leverage the ownership of regional AM support, technology, tools, and processes. Support the global and regional strategic goals for driving continuous improvement and sustainment in process, technology, and overall stakeholder performance.
Program / Project Management
- Develop and execute prioritised Asset Management action plans:
- improve efficiency.
- implement technology projects.
- Ensure a consistent regional approach for Asset Management, including compliance with Corporate standards and policies.
- Provide expert advice in the following areas:
- Planning and utilization of Newmont’s ERP for Asset Management
- Predictive maintenance, including utilization of vibrational analysis, thermography, oil analysis and non-destructive testing
- Plant and equipment integrity
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Structural and Civil engineering
- Implement regional Asset Management competency development programs.
- Integrate Maintenance, Operations, Supply Chain, Projects and Finance at site and regional level.
- Support sites in the development of asset maintenance and reliability strategies, along with the correct use of SAP.
- Take best practice and technology improvements from across Newmont and apply them in the Africa Region to deliver superior business value.
- Provide the conduit for consistent application of global initiatives in Asset management practices across Africa operations.
- Lead regional contract negotiations with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) suppliers.
- Identify and support recruitment and development of talent in Asset Management.
- Promote collaboration across the region.
- Identify and facilitate sharing of industry leading operations, maintenance and reliability practices.
- Develop constructive relationships with OEM suppliers working with Supply Chain.
- Manage relationships with other indirect reports.
- Supervise allocated staff members:
- prioritise and allocate tasks / responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Mine Engineering.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP).
- Knowledge of program / project management.
- Between 20 to 22 years’ experience in mining, or similar heavy industry, including more than 3 years’ experience as maintenance manager or superintendent.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced program management skills.
- Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Life Cycle and Change Management skills.
- Asset Management skills.
- Consultation and facilitation skills.
- Contract Management skills.
- Human Capital Management skills.
- Strategic Decision-Making skills.
- Supply Chain Management skills.
- Systems Management skills.
- Customer Focused.
- Safety Conscious.
- Results Driven.
- Attention to Detail.
- Work Under Pressure.
- Working Conditions
- Regular travel is expected.
- Extended and unpredictable hours is the norm
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Interested applicants should: