Jobs In Tema 2019
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Commodity Warehousing Limited (CWL) based in the Tema Free Zone is a private service provider in the agricultural sector Of Ghana and specialises in pesticide residue analyses Of agricultural food crops and commodities. CWL is searching for an experienced Laboratory Manager for the analyses of mainly cocoa beans.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the Pesticide Residue Analyses laboratory and has all the technical experience necessary to supervise the laboratory staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities;
- Manages stocks, sampling, sample reception, milling, extraction, product R&D and formulation, stakeholder relations, safety, quality assurance, implementation of ISO 17025 standards compliance and fulfilment targets in relation to all agricultural commodities sampled and analysed in an accurate manner.
- Oversees and directs the scientific methods and protocols of the laboratory in accordance with good laboratory practices including follow-up on protocol development issues
- Manages, supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff and functions; make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to evaluate new equipment/processes for extraction, as well as upgrades/changes to existing equipment and procedures.
- Analysing of problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences Of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Analytical Science or relevant science-related field, preferred Master's Degree,
- At least 3 years' experience in a managerial
- At least 5 years' experience working in a Lab environment
- Knowledge and experience related to analytical chemistry and I-CMS MS and GCMS MS techniques.
- Preferred experience in setting up and or running a new laboratory
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are interested, send your application letter and CV with at least 3 current references by close of day on 23rd of September to
Clearly indicate which position you are applying for and the adequate knowledge and experience you possess.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.