Jobs In Koforidua 2019
Welcome to JobSearchGh. The best jobs search engine website in Ghana for latest jobs in Ghana July 2019. Please do not pay anybody a fee before getting a job.
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates. vacancy for the position of Director of Internal Auditor of KTU qualified and invites applications from qualified and competent persons For the position which becomes vacant on IsTAugust, 2019.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of i Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and untended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to he providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with 1 industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,000 : students and a total staff population of 605 Other information about the University is accessible at its website, www.ktu,edu.gh.
The Position / Functions of Director of Internal Audit
The Office of the Director of Internal Audit is a top management position The individual oversees the day-to-day activities of the Internal Audit Directorate and designs its activities to add value and improve the organization as a whole
Duties & Responsibilities
A candidate seeking appointment as the Director of Internal Audit of the University shall be responsible for:
- Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting and operational controls in the University;
- Evaluating the procedures of the University to determine whether results are consistent with suited objectives and goals
- Monitoring reports and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations, compliance with established policies, plans and procedures;
- Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities;
- Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses;
- Ensuring that reliable records foam the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making;
- Drawing the Vice-Chancellor's attention to deficiencies in the system, such as instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies, and provide recommendations for remedies where necessary;
- Carrying out special reviews of accounting and Mterind control systems with the view to minimising weaknesses.
- Facilitating and conducting periodic risk- based intenud auditing assignments in respect of strategic and business risks facing the University and providing assurances to Management on the effectiveness of the risk management process,
- Conducting periodic examination of the accounts of Units with limited financial and operational autonomy;
- Mising with External Auditors and ensuring that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings;
- Submitting periodic audit reports on the activities of all Units to the Vice Chancellor and the University Council
- Discharging any other assignments that the Management or the University shall deem necessary.
Qualification & Experience
The candidate for the position must:
- Be a Chattered Accountant and hold a Master's degree in the relevant field
- Have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University orcomparable trade in a similar institution for at least six (6) years
- Be conversant with the risks, goals. policies and processes of Technical Universities
- Possess hands-on ability to work independently.
- Be analytical,critical, result-oriented,innovative and visionary
- Be a good team player, and possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Possess strong IT skills, and be familiar with accounting software application;
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Possess pro-active commercial flair.
Terms of Appointment
- The Director of Internal Audit shall hold office for four (4) Years on first appointment may upon application be eligible for re-appointment for a further term of four years provided that no part of the seconf term enters the compulsory retirement age
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive will be specified in the letter of appointment