Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Our client, a leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African mining industry, is on the lookout for Mining Maintenance superintendent for its Ghana location.
It is a full time job with an excellent salary package and benefits.
The purpose of the Maintenance Superintendent is to support the maintenance function across the group inclusive of personnel and equipment to ensure the maintenance work is planned and completed in a safe and cost effective timely manner.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership consistent with company’s values, policies, systems and procedures. Act in the best interests of the company, including working in accordance with legislation that underpins the Company’s operation.
- Ensure a safe workplace for all staff and customers by maintaining compliance with company’s and its clients Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Support the group’s maintenance function and its activities with a focus on reliability, standardisation and cost improvement.
- Regular presence on the groups sites to ensure quality and consistency of work across workshops.
- Provide coaching and development to sites foreman and leading hands.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other departments and clients that impact the maintenance function.
- Assist with min/max levels of stock at the groups’ sites to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and productivity gains across the group
- Develop and monitor the scope of work for projects, ensuring risk management process are followed and reporting on progress.
- Liaising with operations and internal departments (e.g. supply) throughout a projects lifecycle.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in senior maintenance roles across different countries and cultures.
- Strong and demonstrable commitment to safety, quality and the continuous improvement in heavy duty maintenance operations and planning.
- Experience supporting maintenance activities across multiple sites and facilities to achieve safe, reliable and cost effective maintenance solutions
- Experience supporting large teams across multiple sites in a high productivity underground mining contract environment.
- Experience in all areas of the maintenance of underground mobile equipment, with up to date knowledge of late generation large Sandvik, CAT and Atlas underground mobile equipment and associated automation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of underground mining maintenance methods, operations and procedures.
- Good communication, management & planning skills with ability to monitor expenditure in accordance with budgets.
- Exposure to PRONTO (or similar) plant maintenance and costing system and exposure to report writer.
- Strong observational and analytical skills that translate to improvements across the maintenance function.
- The client prefers candidates from native english speaking countries like, Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA and Canada.
Desirable Education requirements:
- Asset Management Skills.
- Microsoft Project Experience.
- Mechanical Engineering degree highly desirable.
Includes tax free (in-country) base salary plus accommodation plus food and air tickets with FIFO option.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.