Plumber - Kempinski HotelArtisan Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plumbers are responsible for the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of plumbing fixtures for drainage and water systems. Overseeing the fitting and repair of sanitation systems such as bathtubs, showers, toilets, and sinks.
- To continually support and improve engineering services that effectively address problems affecting both guests and employees.
- Be willing to train and instruct other members of the staff by passing along knowledge and skills to assist them in their development and the advancement of your own.
- To strive to become an independent mechanic, able to analyze problems and to formulate plans to get work done quickly a high degree of quality.
- Guest Rooms. Maintain all taps, basins, toilet seats, bathtubs, and shower mixers.
- Public Areas. Maintain all taps, basins, toilet seat, and shower mixers in public toilets.
- Back of the house. Maintains all pipe networks (domestic water hot or cold and drains water with sewage collectors).
- Inspect work sites to determine the type and amount of material/equipment required for plumbing work.
- Testing plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults.
- Tools - to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in the proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies - to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and employees, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analyses and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger employees or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records - to read, log, and track and to maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts, keeping all PMP program papers updated.
- Departmental Duties - to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work neatly and efficiently, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
- General - Complete all work assigned safely and professionally. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on backorder. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- The Kempinski Hotel functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. All staff must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business determines the number of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 48 hours, and other weeks at more than 48 hours.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner by established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules & regulations.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Clean pool and skim debris in water using net and vacuum
- Empty and change pool filters
- Test chlorine and pH levels in swimming pool water
- Add swimming pool chemicals (e.g., chlorine, acid) to maintain water quality
- Repair underwater light fittings, cracks, leaks, and faulty equipment
- Perform preventive swimming pool maintenance
- Drain pools and water lines as needed (for example repairs and seasonal prep)
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Senior high school or Certificate in a trade of building
- 2+ years of experience as a plumber or pool technician.
- Microsoft office (word, Excel, Access)
- Engineering Administration system
- Fair oral and written skills
- Technical knowledge of common pool cleaning and maintenance practices, including equipment and chemical use
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.