Procurement Manager - Process & Plant Automation GhanaPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to ensure that components to build and maintain our advanced technology products are purchased and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while working with technology-advanced products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through the analysis of data and preparation of control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Carry out value-for-money audits at least once a quarter on prices from suppliers to ensure the Company is getting the best prices available.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformance.
- Works with other stakeholders in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- Must uphold the Quality Management System (QMS) and work in conformance with the roles as specified in the TAGG / departmental QMS objective
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the Department’s processes are delivering their intended outputs and reviewing all necessary documentation.
- Reporting on the performance of the quality management system, and on opportunities for improvement in particular to top management
- Ensuring the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization
- Review of documentation concerning the QMS
Required Skills or Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to analyze the supply market
- Ability to work in a team
- Influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Savvy negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Organized and proactive
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be friendly, respectful and polite
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be punctual and flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or engineering
- At least ten years of work experience, five of which should be in a managerial capacity
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager or Head of Procurement
- Professional certification in Procurement/ Supply chain management is an advantage
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.