Human Resources Officer - World Food ProgrammeHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The office of the United Nations World Food Programme invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Post Grade: National Officer (NOB)
Positions: One (1)
Duty Station: Accra.
The job holder will report to the Country Director. The job holder will operate with minimal supervision and guide junior staff to ensure operational and project objectives are achieved.
The Job holder will be heavily involved in the day–to–day activities and analytical work. The Job holder will provide advice on low-complex issues, applying HR rules, and regulations, and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To deliver professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Human Resource Officer will be responsible for the following duties.
- Contribute towards the development of country-specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems, and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts, and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions that equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver onboarding activities that ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs, and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage, and develop a high-calibre workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places to improve efficiency.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP-wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures, and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Other as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A master’s degree in human resources management, Public or Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related fields as advertised.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
- A minimum of three years of postgraduate professional experience in human resource practice.
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within their area of expertise.
- Has gained extensive experience providing administrative and systems support across multiple activities in the employment life cycle including recruitment, interviews, training support, performance management, relocation support, and policy implementation within a country office environment.
- Has collated and analyzed data to support aspects of broader change initiatives and program design.
Language: Fluency and good command of the English language is essential.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.