Medior Monitoring & Evaluation Expert - MDF West AfricaMonitoring & Evaluation Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
MDF West Africa is looking for an experienced Medior Monitoring and Evaluation Expert – Associate Consultant to join our M&E and Learning (MEL) Team in the acquisition and execution of M&E-related assignments across the West Africa region and beyond. The MEL Team specialises in the execution of assignments in different thematic areas which include but are not limited to WASH, Education, Agriculture, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, Governance, and humanitarian aid.
The ability of the MEL Team to implement assignments that cut across different thematic areas allows the cross-fertilization of resources and ideas, generating optimum service to clients.
As an associate Consultant, you are not a full-time staff of MDF and your contract will be based on availability of work. Within this role, you will work together with the M&E team to create opportunities, have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and also travel within the West Africa region. You will be part of the international MDF network and therefore work with and learn from colleagues (internal and external) from Africa, Europe, and Asia.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
- Assist in the identification, follow-up and responses to training & consultancy opportunities with clients in the West African region.
- Assist in the analysis and understanding of client requests for services based on available terms of reference/request for proposal and/or direct contact via phone, intake meetings (visits) and or email.
- Assist in the proposal writing process led by a Senior Expert and together with selected team members.
Execution of Assignments
- Assist in the execution of consultancy assignments in the area of training, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Undertake literature review and other data and information gathering as may be required by consultancy assignments and other MDF tasks.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of MDFWA enterprise development.
- Assist in maintaining a database of stakeholder contacts for purposes of acquisition and execution of assignments.
- Assist in the report writing process required under consultancy assignments.
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Competencies and Professional Experiences
- Experience working in projects and programme teams providing services to clients.
- Experience working in single and/or multi-country programme external evaluation assignments applying quantitative and qualitative methodologies such as outcome mapping, outcome harvesting, contribution analysis, and quasi-experimental studies applying sampling techniques and using among others difference-in-difference methods.
- Experience in assisting organisations or programmes in the design and management of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and plans including the development of data collection, analysis, and reporting tools and templates.
- Experience in working on evaluations within the West African region will be an asset.
- Experience in online data collection and analysis using digital technologies such as Kobo Collect, Survey Monkey, Akvo FLOW, Ona among others.
- Strong data collection and processing skills i.e. data gathering via interviews, focus-group discussions, checklists and analysing situations, documents, and data sheets.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis using Excel, SPSS, Nvivo, MaxQData and other data analysis software.
- Ability to write strong proposals and reports i.e. clear, to-the-point, high analytical level, in-depth, proper English (or French), in time, understanding client needs.
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm.
- Strong participatory facilitation and presentation skills/expertise. Comfortable to stand in front of and guide a group (4-25 people) with an international character.
- At least 7 years of working experience in international development programs/projects, of which a minimum of 3 years as evaluator.
- Ability to handle administrative, modern communication and knowledge management technologies – Office 365 package, Adobe, PiktoChart, online data collection tools and more.
- Education level: Master’s degree or equivalent in (international) business management, social studies, international development and or relations, international trade etc.
- Excellent ability in speaking and writing in English on a professional level. Knowledge of the French language will be an asset.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Service- and client-oriented.
- Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international levels via email, phone and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, and understanding of culture and customs.
- Practise transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets.
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Interest in management for development.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.