Organisers - Health Services Workers UnionAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Successful candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Educate health and care workers about their workplace rights and how to build and exercise collective power to improve pay, working conditions, gender equality and sector policies
- Build active and sustainable organising structures that contribute to achieving the objectives of the Union
- Create and work to organise plans to ensure membership growth, member leadership and action and winning industry power
- Assess and support the development of union members
- Conduct research and mapping of target workplaces
- Work in teams to negotiate with employers
- Ensure that the Union's values of equality, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted
- Documenting and reporting
- Other duties as directed by the General Secretary
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Selection Criteria
Successful candidates should possess the following:
- Passion and drive to improve workers' lives and achieve the goals of the project
- Good communication, messaging and rapport-building skills
- An ability to develop members, including motivating and educating others
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and possess problem-solving skills
- An ability to plan and organise work and achieve outcomes
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours
- Ability to travel and be away from home location for specified periods
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Demonstrated commitment to economic and social justice
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Preferred but jot essentials
- Organising and campaign experience in unions or related fields
- Experience as a Trade Union member, activist or leader
Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to successful candidates
Term of Contract: 2 years full-time (40 hours per week on average and days as required) with Six-month probationary period. Contract to be reviewed annually for project duration.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.