Knowledge Management & Communications Officer - International Potato CenterCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Potato Center (CIP), a CGIAR Research Center, is seeking to recruit a Knowledge Management and Communications Senior Officer, based in Tamale, Ghana.
This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
The Senior Officer will lead the knowledge management and communications component of the GROWING project which is an integrated climate-smart, Agriculture-Nutrition-Marketing project that aims to improve the financial and nutritional security of women, youth, and young children in Ghana.
A significant part of the role of this position is to lead and coordinate all quantitative and qualitative data and reports are digitally archived in a workspace, and the project achievements are properly communicated through different communication outlets such as websites (blog stories, briefs, leaflets, training cards/graphics, banners,), mainstream media (TV and radio), exhibitions and fairs, social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), workshops, Dashboards, online workspace, etc.
The senior officer should also train all the project staff in digital monitoring and communication techniques.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead the planning and implementation of the knowledge management and communication-related strategy of the GROWING project
- Coordinate the proper documentation and digital archiving of all monitoring and survey data in the project Workspace
- Coordinate with all other officers of the GROWING project to ensure that the relevant research and development data files and reports are monitored using appropriate digital tools and archived in the project workspace
- Train research staff in proper data management, file organization, archiving of knowledge outputs and use of digital monitoring and training tools
- Assure that all project staff are backing up their data and reports on the project workspace on a regular basis
- Lead and coordinate with team members to develop various types of communication materials including blog stories, fact sheets, leaflets, project briefs, etc. and post in the CIP communication website and project websites
- Coordinate and lead the use of different mainstream media (radio discussions, TV documentaries, jingles, etc.) and social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) to communicate about the project's progress and achievements
- Assure all project-generated knowledge and communication outputs are available on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and the CIP website and a project page on the Portal is updated monthly
- Develop a term of reference for entities or consultants assisting in the development of videos or other communication materials and liaise with the project manager for execution
- Collaborate with other partner organizations and other team members in exploring new techniques and options for managing and disseminating knowledge
- Perform other related tasks requested by the supervisor
Educational Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- BSc degree in information technology, communication, social sciences, or related area. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Four years of experience collecting and managing quantitative data sets and at least two years of professional experience in developing and implementing communication and knowledge management strategies or exemplary communications results in fewer years
- Programming skills in use of ODK, and practical skills in Microsoft software packages (Power BI, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent data and file management skills
- Demonstrated experience working with websites, dashboards, and other new media technologies
- Strong and effective use of social media skills for project management-related communications
- A solid understanding of integrated project management principles is strongly required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, proactive approach, with ability to find creative ways to solve problems
- Proficient writing and speaking abilities in English
- Knowledge of one of the local languages in Northern Ghana (Dagbani, Gonja, Mampruli, Likpakpa, Chekosi, etc.)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a nationally recruited position and only Ghana nationals & permanent residents will be considered. The successful candidate will be issued a contract by IWMI & the initial contract duration will be two years, with a probationary period of six (6) months. The contract may be renewed based on performance and the availability of funds.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.