Finance Assistant x10 - Abt AssociatesFinance Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Northern Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation.
Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve.
Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative Evolve project. The project is supporting the implementation of vector control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for 2024 IRS campaign under the PMI Evolve Project, Ghana.
Fot the Evolve project, Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position of a Finance Assistant (10 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 5 months. Candidates that live in the following districts will have an advantage: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri, Chereponi,Tatale Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Kubori), West Mamprusi (Wungu), Yunyoo-Nasuan.
- Work closely with District IRS Coordinators in confirming engaged personnel for payment.
- Prepare payroll for seasonal staff, coordinate the payment of per diems and ground transport for participants at trainings and stakeholder meeting through mobile money
- Ensure that seasonal workers contracts are signed and filed prior to the start of the spray campaign.
- Ensure that Goods Receipt Notes are completed by store assistants and vendors for every supply transaction made.
- Ensure that seasonal staff mobile money numbers submitted for payment are registered in the staff name.
- Collect and properly record in a computer all financial data for project activities in the assigned district.
- Review electronic timecards on regular basis to ensure that seasonal workers are completing it and make the necessary correction if needed.
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Record and analyze fuel consumption for vehicles in the district and advise on any discrepancy.
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by properly reviewing and verifying all submitted invoices.
- Any other duty assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, with two years working experience in accounting, and Finance.
- Proficiency in English and one or more Ghanaian Northern Language is a plus.
- Work overtime if necessary and meet deadlines for reporting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Good level of competence in MS Excel and MS Word programs
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and good problem-solving ability
- Ability to manage people as well as work with people.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.