Administrative and Finance Assistant - Inspire ActionAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Inspire Action (www.i-action.org) is a newly created international Non-Governmental Organization with its Secretariat located in Accra, Ghana with aspirations to expand operations all over Africa. Inspire Action’s vision is a world where children, youths and the underprivileged have access to acceptable levels of education, water, hygiene and sanitation, healthcare, shelter and free of hunger in a bid to actively contribute in all levels of society. It is a life for all human beings empowered to live free to live up to their fullest potential, and free from harm caused by prostitution, alcohol and drugs.
Inspire Action’s mission is in general to contribute to all the seventeen United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) through the actions of its vision.
About the Position
Inspire Action has a full-time role available for an energetic, committed and thoughtful professional to support the financial and administrative needs of our newly setup Accra Secretariat office. The position is open to nationals of Ghana ONLY.
The selected candidate will provide financial support to ensure that our systems and processes are in compliance with office policies as well as provide administrative support to all team members for the planning and execution of relevant meetings and project activities. Based within the Accra Secretariat office and reporting to the Administrative and Finance Manager, the Administrative and Finance Assistant will need to be able to prioritize and support a variety of tasks.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The successful candidate will have experience in providing administrative, financial and operational support within an office setting, an understanding of basic financial principles, and the ability to coordinate with multiple local stakeholders (including donors, local officials, partners and suppliers). They should have knowledge of Ghana Non-Profit Organization finance requirements, excellent attention to detail, and be able to effectively communicate in both English and Pidgin.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant will be an excellent team player, possess the required interpersonal skills and will be able to maintain flexibility in their role. The key responsibilities are, though not limited to
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Accra Secretariat office such as running the front desk, answering the office telephone, purchasing office supplies, coordinating with vendors as requested, among other tasks.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for staff and partner site visits, meetings, or external stakeholder visits to Ghana. This may include, but is not limited to making visa administrative documentation, hotel reservations, booking flights, distributing email invitations, ordering and ensuring the delivery of meals, etc.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats.
- Coordination of surveys, per diem, travel agencies, organization of common services and other administrative surveys,
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Carry out other relevant assignments on behalf of Inspire Action, as requested.?
- Review staff expenses claims with supporting receipts and prepare monthly expense reports.
- Prepare weekly/monthly payments in accordance with the agreed timetable and financial control procedures and ensure correct coding of all costs.
- Act as a point of contact for all accounts payable queries.
- Maintain a strong control environment, ensuring accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately within the accounting system, Microsoft Business Central.
- Assist the Administrative and Finance Manager with the maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Provide administrative support in relation to all bank accounts.
- Assist the Administrative and Finance Manager with some balance sheets reconciliations.
- Help generate supporting schedules required in relation to the year end statutory accounts.
- Liaise with the Administrative and Finance Manager and the Inspire Action field or different location teams, as needed.
- Help ensure that the Inspire Action Secretariat Office is and remains in compliance with NGO regulations.
- Coordinate with other consultants or Inspire Action staff to ensure up to date record keeping for annual audit purposes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Two years minimum experience working with in a similar role, preferably NGOs.
- Experience working with financial accounts to ensure proper record keeping in accordance with Ghana audit requirements.
- Track record in completing administrative, finance, and operational tasks with professionalism, a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Good working knowledge of the suite of Microsoft Office applications and excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience working with multiple currencies.
- Experience of performing bank reconciliations.?
- Self starter who is able to identify and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Experience with NGO administrative, finance and legal processes.
- Experience working with a diverse and global team.
- Team player who is willing to routinely collaborate and problem solve with colleagues in both Ghana, the rest of Africa, the United States, and Europe.
- Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions to challenges encountered within a local office and help establish and implement new systems and processes.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work on multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Strong time management skills – the ability to stick to deadlines and timetables;
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.