Communications Design Coordinator - EduSpotsCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
EduSpots is an innovative, dynamic, and locally driven UK and Ghanaian registered charity which connects, trains, and equips voluntary community educators to create transformative literacy and STEM opportunities through education spaces named ‘Spots’, with a focus on female empowerment and environmental action. Together, we are creating a movement of community-based changemakers.
Since 2016, through collaborating extensively with over 250 local volunteers, we have supported 50 communities in creating and running community-led and owned education spaces named ‘Spots’, with a strategy to support them in moving towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’. We are developing a model for a community-led education space with accompanying network engagement that could have applications across the world.
Our 16-strong but entirely part-time and remote working Ghanaian team creates collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development (CLEd) Programmes which include training to lead our EduLit, EduSTEM, EduKidz and Ignite Girls clubs, alongside locally designed education projects, reaching over 15,000 students of all ages annually. Read our 2022 Impact Report here.
We are in an exciting period of our development. We won the Tes International Award in 2018 and the Big Give Supporters’ Choice Award in 2022, and we were recently selected as a finalist for the Their World Scale-Up Innovation Prize. In 2021, our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s $1 million Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO, partly for her role in developing EduSpots.
We are excited by our future. Do visit www.eduspots.org for further information.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Location: Remote working
- Reports to: Head of Communications
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Hours: 16 hours / week (ideally split across the week)
- Applications close: Monday 30th October 2023
- Line Manager: Head of Communications
About this role
The Communications Design Coordinator will play a vital role in helping to communicate EduSpots’ mission and vision to a wider range of stakeholders (volunteers, donors, supporters etc). The individual will be able to work independently to use their creativity and design skills to create visually appealing and informative materials, such as:
- Marketing materials e.g. brochures, ?yers, and posters
- Educational materials
- Reports and publications
- Event and fundraising materials
- Digital content and marketing
The coordinator will work to ensure that designs are consistent with EduSpot’s branding and messaging, and are adapted to a variety of audiences and platforms.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Create strong and compelling visual designs for various media, including print, digital, PowerPoint and email communications
- Create visual concepts and graphic designs for public relations campaigns and/marketing purposes such as brochures, annual reports, pamphlets, ?yers etc.
- Support with social media content creation, and video editing.
- Partner successfully with the communications team to understand EduSpots’ communications objectives and then translate into e?ective and compelling creative design
- Maintain project work?ow processes to ensure on-time delivery of deadlines
- Consistently apply brand and style guidelines
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Extremely proficient in image editing, digital animation and illustration software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of print, electronic, and graphics media
- Superior artistic and design skills
- Video editing and social media content creation abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Three years of related experience
Personal Qualities & Skills
- A genuine commitment to educational equity and community-driven change.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail (ideally including strong proofreading skills)
- Proactive and able to work to maintain a high standard of performance with minimum supervision in an impact-driven environment.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to build strong working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, with an openness to new ways of working.
- A team player with a belief in the value of collaborative approaches to learning.
- A strong personal affinity with EduSpots’ mission, vision and values Desirable
- Experience of working with an education NGO
- Experience of working in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience and commitment.
- Bachelors degree
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.