Community Relations Officer - Newmont Mining CorporationMining Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Eastern Region 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
About This Role
- Responsible for the frontline management of community issues and supports day-to-day proactive engagements in order to promote good community relationship and social acceptance in accordance with Newmont Stakeholder Management Standard.
In This Role You Will
Community Relations and Stakeholder Engagements
- Assemble, familiarize and implement Newmont Policies, programs and management systems related to Stakeholder Engagement in Akyem.
- Support the development and implementation of engagement strategies to enhance and maintain good relationships with Communities, local government and local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to ensure maximum participation and cooperation in Newmont Golden Ridge programs.
- Carry out informal stakeholder expectation analysis and perceptions to inform management about threat and opportunities in the mine communities; and recommend appropriate engagement strategies to manage the situation.
- Gather community intelligence that can threaten smooth operations of the mine and report to Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) management.
- Support the development and continuous update of stakeholders register for purposes of engagement.
- Provides input for the development of stakeholder mapping that identifies differing stakeholders and their corresponding interests to guide effective stakeholder engagement.
- Support the preparation and implementation of annual stakeholder engagement schedule.
- Lead community entry processes for exploration activities.
- Support the Complaints and Grievance and Conflict Resolution process.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Social Responsibility Agreements Implementation
- Assist in the implementation of Newmont Akyem commitments in the Local Employment, Relationship and Foundation Agreements.
- Provide awareness to Communities about the content of the Akyem Social Responsibility Agreement related to Local Employment and Company/Community Relationships.
- Assist in the confirmation of validation of local community members who apply for jobs.
- Provide support in the identification and selection local community members for Newmont training programs.
- Circulate to Communities all job opportunities in Newmont Golden Ridge and Business Partners.
Auditing and Reporting
- Ensure proper records keeping in Cintillate of all stakeholder engagements for easy retrieval.
- Participate in all external social audit related to Community and Stakeholder engagement in the mine communities.
- Collate all External Social Audit recommendations related to Newmont Golden Ridge stakeholder engagements and public participation activities and prepare implementation plan for approval and execution.
- Implement approved stakeholder engagement schedule and prepare “Issues and Response” Report for each engagement for management information.
- Report all incidents and accidents in the work group to enable management to identify areas for improvement in work practices.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety and comply with Newmont Ghana Health Safety Loss Prevention (HSLP) policies and procedures that involve but are not limited to Safety inspections, Safety Training, Annual Refresher, Safety Talks, Incident Reporting and Investigation etc.
- Present information accurately at safety/environment meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- First Degree in Social Science or related field.
- Good understanding of local culture and practices.
- Conflict Resolutions Skills.
- Driver’s License B is an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum of 3 years’ community relation experience working in the mining or related industrial operations environments.
- Good interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
- Strong consultation skills.
- Very strong ability to translate technical language into local dialect.
- Ability to explain technical issues to lay persons.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people from various backgrounds: ethnic, cultural, and education.
- strong dissipation of knowledge of local community customs and tradition.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be empathetic to sensitive community issues.
- Ability to give people the feeling that they are being listened to
- Basic computer skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.