Junior Advisor (Matching Grant Fund) - GIZ GhanaNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance
- The Market-Oriented Value Chains for Jobs and Growth in the Accra, Ghana ECOWAS region (MOVE) project focuses on building resilient cashew and rice value chains to contribute to the creation of jobs and income in West Africa, with ECOWAS as its main political partner.
- The project is mainly funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), with co-funding from the European Union and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented jointly with numerous private and public partners.
- MOVE intervention countries include Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria.
Scope of Role:
- The junior advisor supports in dealing with all questions arising in this area and identifying relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions, as well as further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change.
- You manage knowledge by documenting and disseminating know-how, experience and information. You also assist management with policy issues regarding supply chain programmes, and assist in knowledge management with regards to the Matching Grant Fund projects.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Develops strategies and technical concepts including guidelines, manuals and procedures, which are ready to be applied and/or replicated.
- Supports in data collection and analysis relating to enabling environment for business development and sustainability measures.
- Supports in reporting from and to Matching Grant partners, and towards funding agencies.
- Carries out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects or programmes.
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments.
- Prepares call for research grants, analysis proposals and accompanies implementation of selected research grants.
- Compiles information on his/her area of responsibility and ensures the transfer within the programme as well as with stakeholders.
- Prepares reports, presentation material and appropriate input to the various programme reports and publications including annual reports, etc.
- Plans, coordinates and documents meetings, workshops, seminars, and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects.
- Supports in planning and implementing thematic events, and learning and innovation sessions for peer learning of Matching Grant funds (also online).
- Documents best practices from Matching Grant projects with private partners and research grants for sector learning.
- Researches and writes terms of references for contracts on trainings, workshops, and other events within the project/programme.
- Supports with actors analysis and engagement.
- Assists with learning and innovation meetings and exchange platforms in collaboration with private and public actors.
- Liaises and harmonises approaches and activities with key actors.
- Contributes to thinking on overall strategic direction and approach, primarily through programme level planning and learning processes.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in political science, public management/policy, development studies, statistics, computer science, information technology or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, excellent writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of English; and basic knowledge in French will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, ability to produce structured reports.
- Knowledge on GIZ processes will be an advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.