MEL Officer - Fairtrade AfricaNGO Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Accra 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
WE ARE HIRING: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- TEAM: Western Africa Network – Regional (WAN)
- LOCATION: Abidjan-Cote d’Ivoire, or Accra-Ghana
- REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to: Regional Operation Manager, Fairtrade Africa
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- SCALE LEVEL: Officer 1
- BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure the setting up and implementation of comprehensive monitoring and evaluation systems that facilitate effective planning, implementation, development and performance evaluation and accountability of FTA support services in the region especially the West Africa Cocoa Programme (WACP)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support in the development of annual regional plans and budgets, including plans and budgets for the West Africa Cocoa Programme (WACP) and other projects/programmes in West Africa
- Lead in the development, implementation and update of MEL Plans and performance measurement frameworks for the core programme and projects in the West Africa region
- Work with Project and Programme managers to ensure full understanding of the donor/funder M&E reports requirements and support compliance.
- Review project specific reports to ensure that they adequately respond to the project approved indicators.
- Collate stakeholder and partners feedback on programmes, develop a report and share it as appropriate.
- Provide technical leadership to the process of collecting, analysis; internal and external dissemination (as appropriate) of relevant performance data
- Build the capacity of program staff on MEL
Coordinate Monitoring Evaluation and research processes
- Provide technical backstopping to all monitoring, evaluation and research processes in the region in consultation with the Continental MEL Manager
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs for all evaluation and research activities in the region
- Play a leading role in the review of completed evaluations and researches and ensure that they meet the minimum standards of quality before recommending them for signoff to the MEL Manager or the Program Managers as appropriate
- Advise and recommend tools and strategies to improve project tracking
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection, analysis and validation
- Analyze changes and patterns in data and performance reports
- Support (and when required, lead) any global MEL initiatives/third party evaluations/research in the region in consultation with the MEL Manager
- Identify the top-level recommendations from research conducted in the region and share with staff and relevant stakeholders
- Identify ways and means of sharing the data and information on MEL activities with Fairtrade Producers
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, Head of Region and the MEL Manager, coordinate reflection sessions with staff to identify what worked
- Coordinate the process of documenting best practices and case studies from the region.
- Coordinate the process of compiling the regional quarterly report.
Data and knowledge management /Programme Management Information System/Reporting
- Establish a filing system for all the MEL related documents at the regional level in consultation with the program and Information manager and ensure other staff can access.
- Ensure that all the staff in the region can access corporate systems (FMIS or Fair Insight) and are supported when they have challenges
- Provide up to date monitoring data and analysis thereof as and when required and ensure data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
- Identify ways and means of sharing the data and information on MEL activities with Fairtrade producers
- Support the MEL Manager in Data Management at producer and local level.
- Ensure reporting systems and deadlines are in place and met to organizational and donor standards
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Map out and develop a database of relevant M&E stakeholders (including CSO) and update the list at least once annually.
- Identify and propose institutions for potential partnerships with FTA on research.
- Participate in relevant MEL networks
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum Academic Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and evaluation, Development studies, social sciences, Economics or any other related field
Other Specialist qualification (Desired)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Fairtrade system
- Certificate in Research methods/M&E
- Project Management Certificate
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a similar position
Knowledge of Systems and Procedures
- Knowledge in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Knowledge in concepts of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge in statistical tools for data analysis
- Skills in using MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and
- PowerPoint and knowledge of accounting software
- Knowledge in Program and project monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to drive innovation and learning
- Presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Excellent Communication and reporting skills
- Supportive and versatile
- Results oriented and focused
- Respectful and a person with integrity
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Communication demands and Competencies
- Knowledge of the cocoa value chain in the region
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak some of the local languages
- Ability to speak and write in French and English
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.