Communications Specialist - DAICommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability (SRPS) in West Africa Program is a five-year, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI. The program supports the efforts of West Africans to address the risks of instability from democratic backsliding and from conflict, and prioritizes targeted governance, conflict and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions across the region.
The program will engage with regional partners and with governments that demonstrate commitment to power-sharing and resource redistribution, both of which are crucial for reducing exclusion, violence, and conflict. Program interventions will address causes of fragility, and focus on good governance approaches, conflict prevention and response, and P/CVE interventions across select target countries in the Sahel and coastal West Africa.
SRPS is looking for candidates to fill the COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST position.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Communications Specialist will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team in managing aspects of communications and will lead in the development and dissemination of SRPS communication products. S/he will engage activity stakeholders in collecting and analyzing results and lessons emerging from activity implementation and use this knowledge to develop SRPS learning notes, success stories, and project outreach materials.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
S/he will manage all internal and external communications promoting collaboration and effective knowledge exchange among activity implementing partners and external stakeholders.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The following comprise main responsibilities of the Communications Specialist:
- Oversee the maintenance, updating and project use of the Branding and Marking Plan.
- With support from the DCOP-Technical and MEL/CLA Director, develop and implement a Communications and Outreach Strategy to ensure SRPS’ ability to reach target audiences with the appropriate messages and media.
- Comply with USAID requirements for Branding, Marking and Communications, obtaining all appropriate approvals and using required formats.
- In collaboration with the SRPS Senior Management team and Country Directors in relevant field offices, develop Success Stories for inclusion in Monthly Reports and manage the editing process of delivering reports.
- Responsible for all internal and external communication, including response to ad hoc requests from USAID and development and production of project reports.
- Support capacity building in learning and communications practices for activity beneficiaries and partners.
- When applicable, assist grantees and country representatives with their communication strategies, outputs and outreach. Announce notable activities facilitates by SRPS.
- Maintain and track grantee events through project calendars and reports.
- Serve as the chief editor ensuring all communication materials are pristine and manage the development and editing processes within the team.
- Provide regular program updates to USAID as requested in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the Knowledge Database.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a combination of MEL and communications roles with international development partners or donors such as USAID.
- Proficiency with desktop publishing and graphics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across cultures including with team members based in other countries.
- Fluency in English and French required.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.