Maintenance Manager - Kempinski HotelEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Maintenance Manager, under the supervision of the Assistant Director Of Engineering is responsible for supporting, supervising, scheduling and motivating the hotel maintenance team while making sure the overall corrective and preventive maintenance is completed.
- For employees under him, completes, evaluates and follows-up on employee performance reviews and six month’s progress reports on a timely basis.
- Maintains all hotel building and equipment in a good and neat condition.
- Ensures that effective and concise preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
- Efficiently communicates overall repair and maintenance status to the ADOE on a daily basis.
- Maintains all the fire-life-safety equipment in first class order.
- Ensures that the fire-life-safety first response team has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Establishes good working relationships with suppliers whom will furnish reliable 24-hour emergency service.
- Compiles a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water and submits to the ADOE.
- Ensures all engineering team members under the direction of the Assistant Director of Engineering / Director of Engineering are exposed to hotel internal and external training on an on-going basis Ensures regular training is given to the engineering team members under his direct supervision.
- Ensures effective inter-departmental communication and good relations between the engineering team members and members of fellow departments within the hotel.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepares and follow through on any projects as outlined by Director of Engineering and /or Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Ensures all public areas are patrolled daily and all lighting is in good order.
- Ensures all engineering team members are permanently well groomed and in uniform.
- Under ADOE supervision, develops and maintain an energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget target.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and submits to the Purchasing Manager.
- Supervises maintenance operations whilst ensuring compliance with all engineering policies, procedures, standards and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Regularly inspects all building areas and take any necessary corrective or preventive actions.
- Implements guestrooms and guest corridors corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Under ADOE supervision, coordinates, reviews and ensures compliance of M&E agreements.
- Participates in the planning and set up for hotel special functions and festive seasons and organize the necessary actions.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Kempinski Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
- Maintains a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- Ensures a clean, neat and organized workshop area.
- Performs to any other tasks or projects as assigned by Director of Engineering and /or Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Be on call (alternatively with any other engineering members) after normal working hours and coordinate tradespersons after hours if needed.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meeting, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- BSc in Civil Engineering / Certified technical diploma in mechanical (HVAC) or electrical
- 5 years’ experience in building or plant maintenance
- Expertise knowledge in wall paint and tile layout grout and its methodology
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- Good basic computer skills in software office (word, Excel, Power Point)
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Team oriented
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.