Communications Officer - Global CommunitiesCommunication Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable?development,?and financial inclusion to save lives, advance?equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the?forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil?society?and the private sector to?achieve a shared vision of a?more just, prosperous and equitable global community.?
We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to?promote transparency,?foster?accountability,?and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.??
- Reports To: WASH Financing and Governance Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party
Global Communities is recruiting for a Communications Specialist, for the 5-year USAID funded Enhancing WASH (En-WASH) Activity project. This project aims at making improved water supply and sanitation accessible to Ghanaians in the project Regions while promoting the knowledge, attitudes and behaviours needed to make this intervention sustainable. En-WASH will focus on targeted districts in the Northern, Upper West, Upper East, North-East, Savannah, and Oti Regions.
This position requires frequent travel to all project sites throughout the country and requires creative writing, technical/report writing, photography and videography skills, an understanding of international development principles and USAID and/or other International Development donors/partners reporting and communications requirements. The successful applicant is expected to wield appreciable expertise in communications strategies and technology. S/he will be required to work on a full-time basis as mutually agreed with the supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties of the Communications Officer are as follows:
- Liaise with the Knowledge Management function in the design of the project’s website and other project resources/materials as necessary, and the formulation of appropriate communications strategies and approaches.
- Liaise with the En-WASH project staff and partners to ensure the compilation and timely submission of project activity reports.
- Collate, review, and write or edit these reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and present these in a reader-friendly format for the project donors and Management of Global Communities.
- Respond to information requests from the En-WASH Chief of Party and the En-WASH Deputy Chief of Party.
- Capture the success stories of the En-WASH project in a coherent and articulate manner that generates and sustains interest in reading about En-WASH project achievements with an eye for a U.S. based audience and adhere to USAID requirements.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at Global Communities. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of first degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline and
- 3 years relevant working experience with commensurate responsibility (preferably with an INGO or development agency) OR A second degree (M.A. or MPhil) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline and 1-year relevant working experience with commensurate responsibility (preferably with an INGO or development agency)
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Excel and Graphic Designing
- Familiarity with and ability to use modern versions of multimedia gadgets, such as cameras and equipment used for videos and documentaries.
- Strong (report) writing, project management, and public presentation skills
- Proficiency in writing in English.
- Ability to represent En-WASH Project at a variety of external events
- Fluency in English
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and availability to travel to any of the En-WASH project districts at short notice.
- Comfortable with a team-oriented approach to work, preferably in a multicultural setting
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.