School & Community Engagement (SCE) Specialist - CARE InternationalNGO Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
CARE International is a global network of independent national organizations, which include CARE members, candidates and affiliates, social enterprises, and thousands of community-based partner organizations working together across more than 100 countries to save lives, end poverty and fight social injustice. To learn more, visit www.care-international.org.
CARE International in Ghana: CARE began operations in Ghana in 1994. Since then the Accra office expanded to support programs in Togo and Benin under the umbrella of the CARE Gulf of Guinea country mission. In July 2010, CARE replaced the three-country mission with country offices in Ghana and Benin, the latter of which is also responsible for a small number of activities in Togo.
CARE Ghana’s projects are primarily implemented through partnerships with local and civil society organizations. This enables CARE to further engage with the government and the private sector, work effectively in the coalition, and to have the greatest possible impact. CARE Ghana prioritizes the rural and vulnerable poor- women and organizes its work around health, governance, sustainable livelihoods and education.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
CARE Ghana is excited to invite your applications for new job openings in our programs and operations. Not only do we offer exceptional opportunities for career growth for Ghanaians, especially women and young people, but we are also proud to welcome talented people such as yourself into the global CARE community where our core values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality and Excellence are the benchmarks against which we measure ourselves as leaders and employees
If you share these values and our passion for saving lives, defeating poverty, and achieving social justice, then CARE Ghana is the place for you. We hire and nurture great people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and identities, striving every day and at all levels to build and sustain an inclusive workplace and a sense of belonging for our teams.
Your well-being and satisfaction with your job in CARE Ghana matter as much to us as your performance. Our compensation and benefits package are generous, and we offer flexible working conditions to enable you to enjoy life outside of work, and as part of our commitment to equity.
At CARE, we recognize that skills and expertise can come from a range of experiences from work and life, in addition to education or past job titles. As such, we welcome applications from dynamic, curious, and creative Ghanaians with a passion for learning and problem-solving.
The position holder will provide overall leadership to the project’s implementation at field level providing strategies and guidance to both CARE and implementing partners staffs around community and school engagement. The position will also provide guidance and training on CARE’s key approaches to social change (like SAA, CSC) as well as close collaboration with SISOs, headteachers to provide instructional support to teachers and provide capacity strengthening and ongoing coaching to SMCs capacity, mentors, clubs, VSLAs and other key communities- based stakeholders. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education or development study with 10-year experience in managing school and community engagement
- A minimum of master’s degree in education or social science with 3-5 years of experience in managing school and community engagements
- Fluency in at least 2 dominant northern local languages is required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 3-5 years’ experience partnering with community-based organizations and working collaboratively with community members.
- Demonstrated experience in working in education as a school and community engagement specialist.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups in meetings, community animation, and workshop settings.
- Ability to provide effective coaching, staff development and technical feedback.
- Experience working in culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
- Experience working as a change agent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible and responsive work style.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients, staff, and partners.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, communicate clearly, and prioritize and manage multiple projects.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.