Dean of Students - Design & Technology InstituteEducation Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To provide an enabling learning environment for the care, guidance and welfare of students overall stay at the Institute.
Management and Leadership
- Direct, manage and supervise the Dean of Students Office and all programs reporting to that office.
- Put in place mechanisms for the assessment of student performance so as to be able to provide the needed coaching and counselling.
- Ensure the orderly organization of all student activities within DTI.
- Build a disciplined environment ensuring that students comply with all laid down rules and regulations.
- Ensure that every student has a copy of the DTI Student Handbook and is familiar with its contents.
- Lead and work with the hostel tutor (s) in ensuring all hostel requirements and needs are met.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Take appropriate steps to ensure students' welfare and well-being at all times.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of a detailed student orientation programme to ensure students settle into their new routines seamlessly.
- Proactively engage management and advocate for the introduction of activities that promote student welfare and well-being.
- Ensure that all students’ accommodation needs are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager to ensure students maintain health and safety protocols in their hostels/ residences.
- Handle emergency and crisis situations that pertain to students and campus life.
- Ensure that students are not subjected to any form of physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse by their colleagues, staff members or service providers.
- Establish and communicate to the students mechanisms for reporting any concerns relating to their well-being.
- Bring any abuse of a student to the attention of the Head of Institute immediately such abuse occurs for the necessary investigations to be conducted and appropriate sanctions applied, where necessary.
- Be accessible to explain issues to students where they have difficulty with either academic or other social issues.
- Obtain relevant support for students who are struggling with the coursework once this challenge is highlighted.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues between Management and the student body.
- Monitor student attendance at lectures and other Institute programs to ensure regularity of attendance and punctuality.
- Counsel Students or direct them to the appropriate quarters for the relevant counselling support and assistance when needed.
- Maintain regular and appropriate communication with parents and teachers to keep abreast with students’ performance and other challenges.
- Ensure timely resolution of all conflicts between students and their teachers, colleagues and parents/guardians.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Be responsible for the development and regular review of the DTI Youth Protection Policy.
- Keep abreast with all Youth Protection risks, policies and procedures as well as local laws and regulations relating to youth protection.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all relationships and dealings with the students.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Internal: Head of Institute, Students and Teachers, Facilities Manager, Registrar, School Matron
External: Parents, Community Leaders, Service Providers, Program Organizers.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 8-10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A Master’s Degree in a social science subject would be an added advantage.
- Be conversant with student learning.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Formulation of policies and procedures.
- Budget preparation skills.
- Sound knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Good knowledge of student support programs and services
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Crisis intervention techniques
- Strong Leadership and Managerial skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Strong resource management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Composure to emergency situations
- Independent judgement
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.