Transport Planner - GuinnessSupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is to support the management of transport operations in the market providing a service of performing operations, partnering with transport providers and contributing to each market in the region. The outcomes of this role are measured in: Cost Efficiency, Service and Collaborative and value-crafting relationships.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop and publish Daily inbound and outbound transport plans using the TMS.
- Help manage transport spending to be within budget and deliver operational savings. Bringing in innovative thinking into our transport operations to deliver on cost and service in a safe manner.
- Provide expert transport knowledge and understanding of market dynamics to ensure the credibility of logistics
- Plan and manage transport operations at KBL to ensure operation efficiencies (TAT, Truck utilisation, route optimisation) and customer service (CFR, OTIFNE and returns).
- Develop and implement safety, CARM, SFIPP and all Diageo controls plus government regulations in the transport operations of the market.
- Network modelling to help reduce cost and drive efficiency within the operation.
- Understanding of the Transportation management system (TMS) and how it operates. Using this system to optimise our transport operation to drive cost and efficiency.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Experience Required
Proven experience working in a transport role with road freight in a manufacturing company working across multiple sites in different countries
Knowledge and experience of sea freight.
Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change with transport suppliers
BSc or MSc in a supply chain-related subject
Demonstrable knowledge of end-to-end supply chain and customer collaboration
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation
An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations
Knowledge of TMS, GPS tracking and e-POD systems and experience of the implementation of the same
Numerate and ability to apply KPIs to drive performance management at all levels with transport suppliers
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.