Procurement Officer: Senior Assistant Registrar - GAASPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Position: Procurement Officer – Senior Assistant Registrar
Under the Executive Secretary, the Procurement Officer oversees purchasing activities and ensures that purchasing items are both cost-effective and of high quality. He/she evaluates suppliers, products and services, negotiates contracts, maintains positive supplier relations and ensures that purchases are cost-effective and of high quality.
Scope of Work
- Prepare annual procurement plan, embodying a detailed list of anticipated purchases and regularly updates the plan;
- Prepare tender for goods, works and services within the approved threshold;
- Keep suppliers’ database register;
- Prepare request for proposals and advertisements for consultancy services;
- Undertake bid opening and evaluate submissions for goods, works and services;
- Monitor the procurement processes of projects to ensure conformity with the established procedures;
- Prepare quarterly procurement status report;
- Serve as Secretary to the Academy’s Entity Tender Committee; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Honorary Secretary or the Executive Secretary.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Candidates should hold a good first degree and a Master’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, purchasing management or a related field of study.
- Candidates should have at least five (5) years post-qualification experience in procurement.
- Should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends;
- Possess a strong understanding of local and global market trends, procurement strategies organisational objectives and supplier capabilities to ensure success;
- Communicate the value of strategic sourcing and procurement to key suppliers and develop and maintain relationships with suppliers;
- Evaluate existing procurement policies and procedures and update them when necessary;
- Work with key procurement software and systems;
- Must have strong negotiation skills; and
- Must be computer literate.
Performance-based promotion or until the incumbent reaches the compulsory retirement age of 60 years.
Remuneration: The salary attached to the position is equivalent to that of a Senior Assistant Registrar in a public university in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.