Poultry Farm Manager - Southern Valley Farms LimitedAgricultural Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Southern Valley Farms Limited, a reputable and fast-growing poultry farm located at Gbugblah, Off Adieso main town requires the services of a Senior Staff in the role of the Farm Manager, who will ensure that all aspects of running the farm are met and all employee daily responsibilities are completed on time.
He/she shall develop, implement, and maintain safe working practices and a working environment. Managing and motivating the team and ensuring the welfare of the poultry. He/she shall demonstrate the attitude of problem-solving skills and a critical mindset to ensure that all poultry operational activities are done in compliance with all laid down regulations and procedures of the company, industry, and Government of Ghana.
He/she would be expected to contribute in diverse ways to ensure the growth of the company.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of chicken - assigns workers to duties, such as collecting and monitoring egg quality, feeding and vaccinating poultry, crating, and cleaning and fumigating chicken houses.
- Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as chicken houses, manual feeders, and layer nests.
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports.
- Ensure that materials and supplies are replenished as and when required
- Check the requirements of equipment for farming like brooders, various kinds of feeders & drinkers, etc.
- Ensure compliance with the safety and hygiene standards of the organization
- Ensure records are maintained for the procured materials
- Recognize and respond to poultry health (including diseases such as bird flu) and production-related problem
- Monitor feedstocks and respond to feed quality and quality requirements
- Monitor bird performance
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicants should possess a good B.Sc. or HND in Agriculture
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of industry experience.
- Mechanically inclined with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work in a team environment.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an excellent understanding of bird welfare.
- Excellent management skills.
- Current or previous experience in layer operation
- The candidate must have managed layer operations of at least 4,000 birds.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.