Mine Maintenance Mechanical Technician - Newmont CorporationEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru, and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for its employees, and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
To conduct mechanical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of equipment on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications and safety standards, to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In This Role, You Will
- Perform preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Generate a work order before the remedial or repair work is carried out.
- Raise a job card for work to be carried out, if any problems are identified.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, and coordinate with support services.
- Attend to items on the maintenance planning schedule, as and when required.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Troubleshoot technical and/or operational problems.
- Perform routine maintenance on all mechanical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovels, and support equipment.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as breakdowns and preventative maintenance.
- Disassemble and assemble various major components for repair works.
- Ensure that all lock-out / tag-outs are completed before any work is carried out.
- Provide information in terms of sufficient spare availability and stock levels.
- Assist specialists in making more complex repairs.
- Work within established procedures and operating manuals, as set out by the OEMs and best practices.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repairs (MTTR).
- Conduct daily inspection and lube services to the machines
- Collect oil samples from mining fleet using best practices to minimize contamination.
- Carry out an inspection on all mechanical equipment daily and record all findings from the inspection.
- Check all malfunctioned machinery and equipment, and conduct root cause analysis to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications.
- Strive to reduce downtime and minimize costs.
- Maintain records of maintenance and repair work.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
Health, Safety, and Environment
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
- Attend all safety meetings.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Mechanical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Mechanic Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of CMMS/ERP.
- Minimum of 3 years’ mechanical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment, preferably repairing and maintaining drill, shovels and support equipment.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as technical instructions, test procedures and technical manuals.
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment parts.
- Ability to utilize the mechanical tools to install, maintain and repair equipment and power plant.
- Ability to manage the quality of operations in accordance with the quality standards of the organisation and international best practice.
- Reliable and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Detail focused.
- Technically inclined.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Team player.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.