Information Technology Officer - Reputable International NGOIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
An International NGO in the WASH sector is seeking to engage an IT Officer in Tamale. Applicants MUST be based at the indicated location.
Department: Evidence and Analytics
Reports to: E&A Systems Manager
Start Date: 10th April 2023
Area(s) of operations: Across all business operational areas (including potential opportunities)
Reporting line relationships:
- Reports directly to the E&A Systems Manager
- Work closely with the E&A Team
CONTINUE READING BELOW
General Job Description
Under the direction of the E&A Systems Manager, the IT Officer plays a key role in general office Information Technology Systems. He/she monitors and maintains the computer systems, internet, and networks.
- Deals with hardware and software enquiries including diagnosing hardware and software faults and providing solutions.
- Undertakes routine monitoring and maintenance of servers, networks, and staff & consultants’ computers and laptops.
- Servicing and cleaning them regularly.
- Installs and configures computer systems.
- Conducts electrical safety checks and routine maintenance on computer equipment - office printer and photocopiers.
- Provides onsite support.
- Recovers data and ensures staff data are backed up regularly and provides updates to management where necessary.
- Administers network and internet issues to allow the organization’s computers, printers/photocopiers/scanner assets to completely utilize available network services.
- Monitoring the organization’s internet fiber to ensure adequate downward and upward speed on the internet, based on dedicated bandwidth from the service provider.
- Provide monthly internet report updates to management on the internet speed & usage, unauthorized sites visited by staff, and other recommendations that will ensure adequate internet availability for the organization’s use.
- Keep staff informed about issues related to internet connectivity emanating from the service provider.
- Support the Operations and Procurement Manager in the procurement of IT hardware and software, and other equipment for office use.
- Collaborate with the People & Culture team on staff IT training, new hires IT orientation, and computer setups.
- Support with the management of Pingboard, dropbox, phone tree, and other IT software.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Innovate systems to improve People & Culture department record keeping.
- Monthly reconciliation of MTN Ghana invoice with iDE Ghana staff time for payment process
- Routine cleaning of office IT equipment such as laptops, Tablet phones, and printers
- Any other assigned responsibilities
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma/bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or ICT.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in managing Information Technology Systems.
- Must demonstrate exemplary work ethics.
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to identify opportunities and overcome challenges.
- Ability to work well with others and a demonstrable commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
- Responsive, team player and self-driven.
- A willingness to learn.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented.
- Must be emotionally intelligent, responsive, and proactive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Holds a valid driving license and the capability to ride a motorbike.
Work location: Tamale« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.