Operations Manager - Chirano Gold MinesMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Chirano Gold Mines Limited is an underground and open pit gold mine in the Western North Region of Ghana, within the Bibiani gold belt. It is owned by a Canadian-based Company, Asante Gold Corporation.
Reporting to the General Manager of Chirano, the Operations Manager leads the execution of the strategy for Mining Operations and ensures alignment with the organization’s overall goal.
Formulate short, intermediate and long-term business plans for the mines to ensure continued growth of mine operations, maximizing operational efficiencies, safety, and profitability and to cultivate exceptional stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Mine in both development and production at a trackless mechanized mine to maximize safety, operational efficiencies and profitability.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage overall performance of employees and/or contract workers at the Mine.
- Effectively manage the annual operating and capital budgets for mine operations, consistent with the Company’s established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Formulate and execute strategies that support the growth of mine operations; ensures strategies are linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Advise and cooperate with all other departments affected by changes in mine operations and assists in overall mine management through interaction with other departments.
- Determine staffing levels and personnel requirements for Mine Operations.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive and effective succession management strategy in place for the operation; identify succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develop key talents.
- Responsible for the Forecasting / Strategic Business Planning / Budgeting.
- Build the capabilities of the mining team to enhance the mine operation’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategies; leverage the talents of the operation, identify gaps and take corrective action where necessary.
- Evaluate operation policies and directives to ensure consistency with safe operating procedures.
- Establish safety and training standards with assistance from the safety department
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Mineral Commission Certificate of Competence- Mine Manager
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in both open pit and underground mining environment as a Mine Manager or equivalent
- Additional specialized training or education in business management, operations management, safety and risk assessment or continuous improvement
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Must have thorough understanding of mining operations, Engineering and Technical Services as well as solid safety performance at the personal and professional level.
- Mineral processing, metallurgical knowledge would be a plus.
- Experience in multiple open pit and underground mining methods, use of explosives, ground support and backfill placement. However, a higher skill level of underground mine operations is preferred.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
- Working knowledge of rock mechanics, mine planning, survey, ventilation requirements and principles.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power-point and outlook.
- Budgeting, planning and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management
- Experience managing diverse employees (language, cultural, religious, etc)
- Ability to oversee contract administration and contractor management.
- Management skills with ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all direct reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and apply appropriate discipline when required.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, respect for confidentiality and candor in daily work ethics.
- Flexible rotations including night shift and demonstrated ability to work under pressure safely.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.