Mine Surveyor - Newmont Mining CorporationMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To lead and control Survey Technicians through efficient development and implementation of operating mine survey activities to the highest safety, environmental, social and production standards, in accordance with the business plan.
In This Role You Will
Survey Data Management and Reporting
- Liaise with other key mining departments in the collection and aggregation of key data.
- Provide daily coordination and prioritization of the work for Survey crews to ensure the best utilization of resources to complete the required work requests.
- Assist in design and implementation of mine engineering plans for pit development.
- Deliver survey volumes to management by providing timely and accurate reports to enable effective decision-making.
- Responsible for updating dumps and stockpiles topography in Mine Sight as new information is provided.
- Coordinate with the Short-Term Planning (STP) and Medium-Term Planning (MTP) groups any necessary changes in temporary and final limits of stockpiles, dumps and special projects.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
- Assist with the improvement of procedures and practices regarding survey data collection.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prioritize and assign survey tasks to Survey Technicians.
- Maximize effective ore and waste movement by coordinating routine surveys with the team to measure haul roads, the mining pit and product stockpiles.
- Inspect surveys thoroughly to determine whether the pit and other mine sites are safe for drilling.
- Manage surface surveying of all objects and structures.
- Ensure the Quality Assurance / Quality Check process on pit, waste dump, stockpile, drone and prism surveys.
- Help in managing and coordinating the installation of survey pegs and indicators.
- Commission project surveying activities amongst the Survey Technicians, as required.
- Ensure that the surveying service given to the mine meets the highest quality and safety standards.
- Ensure that all final survey deliverables are met and handed over timeously.
- Assist in planning and updating production surveys, and ensure they are executed according to short term production planning requests, to achieve the mine’s long-term targets.
- Assist the Chief Surveyor in establishing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Task Procedures (STP’s) and Quality Assurance/Quality Checks (QA/QC) for all survey tasks.
- Work in collaboration with the Surveyors on detailed Mine topographical and spatial designs to reasonably predict earthwork movements and associated costs.
- Provide surveying input and expertise to facilitate the preparation of the monthly production plan.
- Manage the preparation and provision of ore seam plans.
Communication and Collaboration
- Maintain the focus of the Survey Technicians by providing continuous support, guidance and communication to ensure that the Mine Plan is achieved.
- Support other groups and departments, as necessary.
- Communicate and liaise with several departments through Newmont Ghana Limited at senior levels and with external contractors.
Health and Safety Management
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of survey technicians under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Manage adherence of Survey Technician to all health and safety protocols, under Newmont’s Integrated Management System.
- Assure that applicable health and safety regulations and compliance programs are implemented.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspections and meetings.
- Lead and support the further training and development of all Survey Technicians.
- Coordinate the work of surveying and field assistants and monitor their outputs for quality control.
- Manage allocated Survey Technicians by:
- assisting with personal career planning.
- conducting performance appraisals for Survey Technicians
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
- approving leave.
- recommending further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- disciplining poor performance or actions.
- enhancing communication with Survey Technicians through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering / Mine Surveying
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Minimum 7 – 9 years’ experience in the Mine Surveying field within an Open Pit mining environment.
- Good technical acumen in survey equipment, systems and software.
- Good technical trouble shooting / fault finding.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer literacy skills - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Microsoft Project, Mine Planning / surveying systems – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and ArcGIS.
- Good information monitoring and management skills.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Design and volume calculations.
- 3D Visualisation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Mine Operations and Survey functions.
- Ability to perform work in extreme weather and environmental conditions (i.e. steep slopes and rugged terrain).
- Ability to demonstrate comprehension and operation of survey equipment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance.
- Ability to provide support staff with clear, detailed, verbal instructions or guidance to perform their assigned roles.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.