Senior Finance Officer: Treasury (AfCFTA) - African UnionFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
To manage treasury functions and process payments in accordance with African Union Financial Rules.
- Prepare and develop reports, budgets and work programs related to the operation of the AfCFTA
- Provide support for the development of the resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder coordination
- Conducts complex analysis and generates timely and accurate reports for internal organizational use
- Prepares departmental budgets in accordance with relevant frameworks
- Ensure that all payments are authorized and legitimate supporting documentation are provided;
- Coordinate SAP enhancement projects under the Financial Management Unit of Directorate of Finance;
- Manage and improve the procedures and controls in relation to the timely processing of all payments;
- Monitor, analyze, and manage open items; monitors and reports status of open items to supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Oversee electronic cash receipt and cash disbursement processing and accounting
- Prepare daily cash positioning activities including managing daily liquidity, cash position reconciliation and bank reporting
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities and provide support for regulatory reporting;
- Ensure compliance with Staff Rules and Regulation and Financial Rules;
- Conduct careful and thorough investment research and make specific investment recommendations to the Director of Finance and the Secretary-General;
- Manage AfCFTA investments and relationships with various Financial Institutions;
- Perform responsible and complex treasury management activities.
- Perform cash flow analysis for cash management decisions
- Lead Financial Management Unit within AfCFTA
- Analyze problems/issues and recommend alternative solutions.
- Manages and supervises staff under his/her supervision with respect to organization and performance evaluation
- Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned programs; recommend and administer policies and procedure
- Contributes to the development of strategies, policies, programs, and plans
- Respond to internal/external audit observations and implement successfully audit recommendations;
- Lead in identifying cash management risk and developing mitigating strategies
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Head of the Division.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A master's degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or a related field with Seven (7) years of relevant work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, banking and finance, business administration or related field with Ten (10) years of relevant outside work experience of which three (3) years at the supervisory level
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in managing and establishing treasury and disbursement functions.
- Experience in managing and processing payments.
- A sound and detailed knowledge of financial rules/policies of public/international organization.
- In-depth experience in managing investments and Special Funds.
- Experience working with enterprise resources management (ERP) systems, particularly SAP.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- Ability to assist in developing clear program goals, plans and actions that are consistent with agreed strategies and to appropriately delegate, monitor and adjust these plans and actions
- Ability to produce clear and professional reports
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.