MFS & VAS Operations Manager - AirtelTigoIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The successful candidate will join our team as a Manager for MFS and VAS Operations in the IT Department. (S)He will report to the Director for IT Operations and will coordinate activities of all the personnel in charge to operate and maintain all customer-facing technological services and products, including but not limited to Prepaid Charging System, Scratch Cards and E-Top Up Systems, Mobile Financial Services, Short Messages Services, CRBT Services, USSD and other Value-Added Platforms.
The MFS and VAS Operations Manager will also be required to establish operational process, efficiencies and standardization within the organization and ensure adherence to set targets and performance management as it relates to MSP or internal team’s deliverables.
- Coordinate activities of technical personnel, including Manage Services teams in charge of MFS & VAS Platforms:
- Ensure optimal adherence to the Mobile Money processes developed and fraud management. Close any loops that are likely to cause Fraud on the mobile money platform.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly reports exist for all relevant activities, trends, revenues in the mobile money structure.
- Maintain and ensure 99.99% uptime and accessibility of all VAS & MFS ecosystem and ensure that day to day operational activities are performed.
- Monitor systems performance and realize required actions to keep the services up and running as per SLA’s
- Timely Resolve incidents, internal & external customer complaints and escalate unresolved issues to L3 team as necessary and follow-up until closure. All MFS & VAS incidents must be resolved within their SLAs.
- Ensure strict adherences of all MFS and VAS SLAs (service request, Incident & Problem)
- Ensure proactive feedback to ITD on all initiatives, issues, requests and CRs.
- Configure and test new tariffs, products, and services before launching them.
- Timely Implement configuration changes as per approved change process.
- Perform Routine Maintenance activities based on your own plan and as per vendor recommendation or as per internal policies.
- Ensure that periodic data backups on systems are performed as per approved policies.
- Ensure that Internal Controls are executed, and Information Security policies are enforced.
- Statistics and KPI Reporting
- New node, feature or Service integrations and perform UAT
- Define operational policies and processes.
- Coordinate Level 1, Level 2 & 3 support for MFS & all VAS applications
- Manage all VAS and MFS Incidents/Problems life cycle
- Ensure that services received from external suppliers follow contractual conditions, internal controls and service level agreements.
- Formulate the O&M strategy for AirtelTigo for the above-mentioned domains (MFS & VAS).
- You are required drive operational excellence across the organization.
- Periodic and ad-hoc reporting on domains.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to transform commercial requirement and business needs into technical solutions.
- Work hand in hand with product or platform delivery teams to properly handover deployed systems (VAS, MFS) to operations or into production environment.
- Responsible for license management across all platforms within the domain.
- You are primary and fully responsible for L1 & L2 support services with vendor doing only L3 support services.
- Ensure that the MSP is delivering on all agreed service levels and day to day operational activities.
- Responsible for ensuring Systems Performance, Fault, Change, and Configuration management for all areas under the domain.
- Derive cost efficient ways of reducing operational cost without compromising of service quality and continual operational efficiency.
- Identify and provide Mobile Financial Services solutions for areas of high risk in the revenue cycle, documentation, or billing practices.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship within systems operations team and all business stakeholders across the organizations.
- Manage all Integrations from System Integration Tests to go-live according to timelines and deliverables.
- Ensure implementation of system and operational improvements to provide a good service for users.
- TCP/Service charge configurations for Airtel money transactions. Assisting in creating and modifying grades for financial institutions, channel users and Subscribers.
- Perform ad-hoc duties assigned by management.
- Support in the development and population of Airtel Money processes and procedures.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with emphasis in Computer Science or related field (System Engineer, IS Engineer, Information Systems)
- Engineer, IT Engineer, Network Systems Engineer)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing similar solutions
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the IT industry (Telcos preferably)
- Strong understanding of project management principles
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Project Management
- Experience in Service and Operations Management (Telcos preferably)
- Highly Proficient in application, systems and network monitoring and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding and implementation of systems, network and operations best practices
- Linux/Unix systems and application administration experience
- Experience in administering high traffic SQL/MySQL, Oracle based services
- Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in BSS/OSS processes and applications (For Telcos preferably)
- Knowledge and experience in internal control processes and policies (COBIT, SOX).
- Technical understanding of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), internet-related applications and technologies (JAVA, Application servers, databases, Operating Systems, networks)
- Strong Knowledge in shell scripting and basic programming
- Proven experience in project management (For Telco’s preferably)
- Good Understanding of SS7 signaling and SIGTRAN will be an advantage.
- Experience in connecting and applying complex technologies to business strategies.
- Ability to understand complex, technical subjects and apply them to business strategies
- Expert level in APIs and system to system Integrations
- Developed negotiation and communication skills
- Exceptional service and results orientation
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving problems
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills
- Set and manage priorities
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.