Data Scientist - MTN GhanaIT Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Data Scientist is responsible for extracting meaning from and interpreting large sets of structured and unstructured data in Mobile Money Limited. The role applies statistical methods, mathematical algorithms, and tools & technology to “slice and dice” data and provide meaningful results to the business.
The role works in an agile environment, in a project-based team structure, coordinating with managers and specialists to respond to business requirements by developing and deploying analytical solutions.
- Dynamic and highly competitive Fintech Industry
- Multi-regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Environmental, social, and governance are prioritized.
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- Increasing demand for Fintech/digital experiences decisions to keep up with customers.
- Performance driven environment
- Global and MTN Group Fintech standards and best practices
- Active media engagement and brand reputation
- Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams requiring complex interpretation and structuring
- Agile ways of working
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Analyze the organization's wider environment and draw conclusions about the impact of events and activities; guide the team to create solutions that deliver value in line with the business plans.
- Develops and implements organization-wide policy by determining the target audience, building coalitions with the appropriate population, and developing a budget.
- Generates simple ideas
- Solutions are limited in scope
- Undertakes a process of information and data collection and analysis for integration purposes.
- Identifies and makes sets of information and determines their relationships.
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Recognizes when advice or assistance is required in making decisions on non-routine issues and looks to others to provide support
- Distinguishes between critical and irrelevant pieces of information. Gathers input and information from a variety of sources to reach a conclusion
- Is familiar with the organization's various sources of business, customer, and market information, both behavioral and technical data
- Understands the range of metrics used to measure value and effectiveness and can use analytics to review the business impact of key activities
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Data Scientist will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Liaise with the Head BI & Analytics and Manager Insights & Analytics to understand business requirement for specific programmes/projects.
- Analyse business problems with one’s discipline and question assumptions to help the business identify root cause. Identify and recommend approach to resolve the business problem.
- Translate the identified business problems into data related or mathematical solutions. Identify what methods (E.g.- analytics, big data analytics, automation) will solve the problem
- Work with multiple data sets to increase breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of business issues.
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports as required
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems. For this purpose, write code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical and data requirements
- Create test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Create proofs of concept
- Test the code using appropriate testing approach.
- Develop advanced quantitative modules using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessment.
- Produce intelligent, scalable, and automated solutions by leveraging Data Science skills.
- Perform complex analyses, including optimization, text analytics, machine learning, social-science modelling, and statistical analysis, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
- Work with Technology teams on the development of new data capabilities & architecture to define requirements and priorities.
- Develop, continuously improve, and execute an efficient framework to identify, organize, structure, and make available data attributes
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Data Science or a related field of study.
- Professional certification/ Post Graduate Degree in same or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ total experience in Data Science / Engineering / Visualization.
- With at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred.
- Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets is preferred.
- Experience in data analysis and management, business performance management and BI within the Fintech industry.
- Experience working across global locations/ regions and have a grasp of political, social, infrastructure and data integrity challenges.
- Knowledge of modern Big Data platforms and Open-Source solutions to database, data analysis, and data management
- Deep knowledge and experience in data reporting/visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in data analytics tools (SQL, Python, SAS, etc.)
- Big data and analytics
- Data mining & modelling
- Data interpretation
- Data visualization & Reporting
- Statistical Analysis
- Quantitative Analytics
- Forecasting/predictive Analytics,
- Multivariate testing & optimization algorithm
- Business intelligence systems and tools
- Data science toolkits (SAS, R, SPSS)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing and coaching skills
- Professional approach with a can-do attitude
- Courage Skills- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaboration and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity, and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitor work effectively
- Organizational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
- Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Influencing Skills
Must live the MTN Values of
- Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
Must exhibit the MTN Vital Behaviors of
- Complete Candor, Complete Accountability, Active Collaboration & Get it done.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.