Financial Controller - Ghana Food MovementAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana Food Movement is a registered NGO. It is an empowering grassroots organiza9on + member network. Our network is a diverse group of innovative and sustainable-driven stakeholders throughout the food and Agri value chain; from farmers and chefs to scientists and entrepreneurs.
Ghana Food Movement creates awareness around the food system in Ghana and highlights the value and potential of Ghanaian food. We also contribute to an ecosystem where young Ghanaians can build careers in food and agri. We believe that Ghana’s food is of great cultural and social value, has (socio) economic potential, and can make Ghanaians healthier.
However, right now the system and the culture are pushing it in the wrong direction. As such we want to help build a food system that is future-proof for Ghanaians and their environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Ghana Food Movement is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Finance controller & administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all financial aspects of the organization, including budgeting, financial reporting and strategy and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure the organization's financial stability and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Prepare and manage the organization's budget, including forecasting and monitoring of revenue and expenses.
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, including the board of directors, donors, and government agencies.
- Oversee the organization's financial systems and processes, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Provide financial advice and support to other departments and staff members as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Maintain financial records, ensuring all transactions are recorded and reconciled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Keep abreast of new developments in financial management, including new regulations and best practices.
- Report directly to the Co-Directors of the Organisation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, preferably in an NGO or non-profit organization.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with financial strategizing and working with models to facilitate this. (ie. Business model canvas, OGSM etc)
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with financial management software and systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills!!
- We are looking for a team player but also a very independent worker that shows initiative and keeps the team up to date on his or her own initiative.
- Strong knowledge of Ghanaian financial laws and regulations.
- The position is based in Accra, Ghana. The successful candidate will be required to work in Accra, with flexible hours and travel as necessary un9l we have our own office by the end of the year.
- The candidate is expected to join 2 weekly management teams and monthly team meetings in Osu during the evenings. As well as our events to stay connected to the team and the scope of our work.
- Affinity with youth, food, and agri is a plus.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.