Financial Reporting Officer - Standard Chartered BankBanking Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Role Responsibilities
- To provide support to the Head Financial and Regulatory Reporting by efficiently collating data on regulatory returns and ensuring completeness of data.
- To ensure the accuracy, and timeliness of local regulatory and group reporting.
- To liaise with business units and regulatory bodies on all matters pertaining to Regulatory Returns.
- To provide support to the Head Financial and Regulatory Reporting to ensure financial accounting practices are in accordance with prescribed policies in the Local Regulatory and Group Financial Control Manuals.
- Preparation of regulatory returns to BOG, SEC and GRA
- Assist the Head Financial and Regulatory Reporting in the follow up of regulatory and audit issues.
- Preparation of month-end P & L and Balance Sheets with all supporting documents attached.
- Review monthly reconciliation of Bank of Ghana and Nostro accounts
- Carry Out detailed review of balance Sheet lines and escalate issues to the Head Financial and Regulatory Reporting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head Financial and Regulatory Reporting /Financial Controller and CFO
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/ team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree from a reputable institution
- Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least five years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its impact of the bank’s financial reporting.
- Good working knowledge of the Group Accounting practice and Local Regulatory requirements supplemented by all round Banking experience.
- Working knowledge of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data from the system.
- Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines
- High level of computer literacy is required for processing data in various packages
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Role Specific Competencies
- General Ledger Analysis
- Business communication
- Financial Analysis
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.