Auto Electricians - Underground Mining AllianceEngineering Jobs In Ghana 2024
Jobs In Obuasi 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position. These are Obuasi-based Fixed Term positions with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. The remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome-focused environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements
- Conduct all preventative, scheduled & breakdown maintenance on underground mobile equipment;
- Electrical fault and failure diagnostics as required;
- Parts identification and parts ordering;
- High regard for and practice health and safety always.
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection reports
- Perform equipment over-inspection on work done by apprentices and operatives where appropriate and provide feedback and guidance as required
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Supervisor;
- Provide relevant feedback to the supervisor and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all equipment within area of responsibility
- Ensure availability of machinery
- Identify spares requirements and order according to the mine procedure
- Communicate with clients and supervisors to inform on maintenance activities performed and availability of equipment
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Perform all functions included in the above duties and responsibilities with due regard to the health, safety and the environment
- Willing to work overtime, standby, shifts rotation.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of 3 (Three) years’ previous experience in the auto electrical field in a mechanized mine operating Underground Haulage equipment is essential.
- Recognized Auto Electrical Trade Certificate through a recognized apprenticeship or institution or MINCOM Certification will be an added advantage.
- Underground mining experience will be an added advantage.
- Positive attitude & ability to work independently
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
- A positive work ethic in line with company values.
- Must possess valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
- Ability to work day and night rotation
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good hands-on knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.