Lab Assistants - Aquaya InstituteLaboratory Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Ghana 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Aquaya Institute (Aquaya) is a non-profit research and consulting organization dedicated to expanding safe water and sanitation access in developing countries through science and innovation. Supported by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, the five-year (2021-2026) Hilton Foundation Africa Water Quality Testing Fellowship Program aims, among other things, to collect water quality monitoring data from households, schools, and healthcare facilities in seven focal districts throughout Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda.
This will provide a strong evidence base and inform strategies for water quality improvement interventions.
- Positions: Two (2)
- Job Period: Three (3) weeks
- Location: Wassa East District, Ghana
Summary and context
In early 2023, Aquaya will conduct a cross-sectional survey and water quality analysis in the Wassa East district, Ghana. The activity is set to take three weeks and will measure:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- E. coli and free chlorine residual concentrations in household drinking water samples.
- E. coli and physical-chemical parameters from drinking water sources in about 24 communities, 60 schools, and 20 healthcare facilities.
Lab assistants will test E. coli in samples using the membrane filtration method in a temporary field lab daily upon delivery. A separate team of research assistants will test physical-chemical parameters on site.
Lab Assistant Primary Responsibilities
- Train with Aquaya’s Program Officer and Program Assistant on microbial and physical-chemical water quality sample collection and analysis procedures. The training will be held the week of March 6th, 2023
- Conduct microbial water quality testing. This will include processing and analyzing up to 30 samples per day. All testing will be conducted at a field lab in Daboase, Western Region.
- Each day, record all results and lab notes in a data collection form and mobile application.
- Ensure proper disposal of all samples and lab waste.
- Throughout data collection, ensure that testing equipment and data collection devices are well maintained, and the lab space is organized.
- Assist with calibrating field equipment as needed.
- Assist with lab and fieldwork logistics, as needed, and perform additional water quality testing-related tasks that the Program Officer may assign.
The lab assistants will report to Aquaya’s Program Officer for the duration of the data collection. Quality control checks will be conducted by both Aquaya’s Program Officer and Program Assistant throughout the data collection to ensure high-quality work.
The lab assistants will be paid at a competitive daily rate and a per diem for days worked.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Experience with microbial and physical-chemical water quality testing
- Excellent record keeping
- Strong communication skills in English (essential) and Twi/Fante (desired)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Experience with field data collection using digital applications
- Working knowledge of ethics for conducting human subjects research
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.