Water Quality Laboratory Manager - World VisionLaboratory Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Northern Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
Under the limited supervision of the Project Manager, this position is responsible for the operation and administrative functions of the Lab in a comprehensive water quality monitoring and analysis, and performs related duties as required.
- Direct supervisory personnel overseeing professional staff engaged in collecting water samples, conducting water quality investigations, laboratory research and regulatory impact analysis.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Reviews water quality reports and analytical results from bacteriological and chemical analysis for regulatory compliance and water quality investigations.
- Manages the response to water quality emergencies and complaints by investigating water compliance incidents and assigning personnel to investigate and determine corrective actions for implementations
- Oversees compilation of the Annual Water Quality Report
- Oversees regulatory compliance to safe drinking water regulations
- Prepare and administers the budget for the Water Quality Division
- Develops work standards and conducts performance evaluations of supervisory personnel
- Oversees laboratory quality assurance program required for laboratory certification
- Liaisons with external regulatory agencies and member agencies, as it relates to operational activities that may affect water quality or compliance with regulations
- Manages the cataloguing of information to various periodicals and responds to technical or more complex questions or complaints related to water quality
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related field with 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience. A background in microbiology is preferred
Technical Skills & Abilities
- Laboratory Analysis – Extensive Knowledge of chemical and bacteriological principles, terminology, analytical techniques and method, laboratory instrumentation and equipment pertaining to the analysis of water and drinking water samples. Through knowledge of EPA and regulations that apply to drinking water. Knowledge of the processes and treatment stages involved in drinking water treatment.
- Laboratory Instrument – Thorough knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, ICP-MS, GC, GC-MS, IC, TOC, or automated colourization analysers. Ability to perform troubleshooting of instrumentations and equipment including performing general maintenance and repairs.
- Supervision – Knowledge of leadership techniques, principles and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Safety – Thorough knowledge of safety procedures for handling and testing samples.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Community entry and mobilization skills
- Basic planning and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
Work environment: Field-based
- Travel: 60 % Domestic/international travel is required.
- On-call: 5%
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.