Chief Mine Engineer - Newmont Mining CorporationMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname.
Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About This Role
To direct site Mining Engineering and technical personnel and coordinate major and complex operating requirements with technical plans and activities. To provide technical excellence in the areas of Mine Planning and Design, Geotechnical Engineering, Hydrology, Mine Survey and Mine Technical applications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Prepare, review and evaluate reserves, mine designs, mine plans, ore control, project feasibility and productivity studies.
- Oversee short-term and long-term production scheduling and cutoff grades estimation.
- Ensure that the site mining operations are planned and scheduled in a manner that maximizes the value of the resource whilst considering safety, business risk and market demand.
- Prepare and manage operating, contractual and capital budgets for the Mine Engineering department.
- Be actively involved in developing the operating and capital budgets for the Mining Department.
- Maintain all associated costs with running the Mine Engineering department within established budget guidelines.
- Control costs actively to maximize budget usage efficiencies, by implementing approved recommendations received from the Mine Manager: Ahafo North.
- Coordinate work of Mine Engineering, Geotechnical and Hydrological Engineering, Survey and Technical Applications staff.
- Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of the Mine Engineering Department while creating a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Manage and provide mine engineering control of the mining risks that would jeopardize the safety and economic viability of the mine plan.
- Assist mine operations to achieve production targets in line with the business plan.
- Oversee pit design and optimization, pit slope design, waste dumps design, stockpiles and road design.
- Oversee production accounting, administration of truck dispatching systems, stockpile inventory accounting, mine equipment studies, blast pattern design, productivity analyses/improvement studies, compilation and analysis of technical data.
- Monitor reconciliation of block model to actual production and predicted actual equipment requirements and take corrective action where necessary.
- Develop and implement procedures, practices, processes and systems in the Mine Engineering department.
- Recommend alternative procedures and methods to improve performance, while remaining compliant with industry regulations and Newmont organizational requirements.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement with good measurement systems supporting the activities; Support other sections of the mine in their continuous improvement activities.
- Commission Mine Engineering audits and develop solutions to address the gaps identified.
- Oversee the coordination of system audits and align these with international standards.
- Investigate technology improvements and provide strategic direction to the mining operations as to how and when new technologies can be used.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting and Communication
- Provide detailed overview reports on all Mine Engineering activities.
- Oversee the preparation of technical reports and documentation to align with industry and operational requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the Mine Manager, Mine Geology and Mine Operations departments.
Health and Safety Management
- Align all Mine Engineering department activities to establish Newmont Health and Safety practices.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Abide by and support others in carrying out activities according to Newmont Health and Safety principles.
- Manage complex Mine Engineering activities conducted through allocated staff member(s) by:
- interviewing, appointing and hiring mine engineering team staff.
- prioritizing and allocating tasks/responsibilities.
- checking and controlling the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching to the Geology team.
- working on comprehensive employee development plans for the team.
- ensuring ongoing effective management of staff by setting clear performance goals and executing performance appraisals.
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
- attending to escalated discipline poor performance or actions and enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc.
Your Training, Skills And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Professional Engineering Certification.
- Mine Superintendent Certificate of Competency.
- Knowledge of mine designs and schedules.
- Knowledge of selective mining methods is preferable.
- Minimum of 8 – 12 years experience in Engineering in a large, open-pit mining environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Senior Management capacity.
- Experience in the transition of mine from start-up to operations stage.
- In-depth experience in Mine Planning and Design, Mine Scheduling and Mine Operations at large mining sites.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced modelling skills.
- Advanced data analysis skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced leadership skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advanced decision-making skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.