Senior Drill Services Supervisor - Newmont Mining CorporationMining Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- The monitoring of and provision of advice to the Drill Services Manager and Exploration Leads (“Management”) regarding drill and drilling-related contract performances.
- The tracking, analysis and optimization of the drilling program’s drill costs, and alignment of drill programs to the Newmont Global Drill Standards in view.
- The provision of expert-level safety and production oversight of drilling activities and the training of junior-level employees in safe and optimized drilling practices.
In This Role, You Will
- Assist the Exploration Drill Services Manager with the annual, quarterly and any scheduled audits of all drilling rigs, auxiliary and support equipment prior to its arrival on site to ensure compliance with the Drill Standard.
- Use advanced level knowledge to conduct Critical Control Verifications, Pre-Start meeting coaching, and Planned Task Observation on drilling operations in line with the expectations of Supervisors.
- Participate in and lead when nominated, all drill-related events investigations and audit Business Partner operating protocols to align with the Newmont Global Drilling standards in collaboration with the Exploration Drill Services Manager.
- Mentor geologists, junior employees and new hires in the presentation of safety material at weekly drilling Business Partner toolbox meetings. Lead discussion where appropriate.
- Lead quarterly Supplier Relationship Management and Performance meetings and Drill Business Partner monthly.
- Contract Review Meetings: Present observed safety and productivity trends, provide commentary and lead the search for contractual resolution. Advise Management on contract performance.
- Provide mentorship to Geology, Drill Services Global Exploration Database (GED) and Field teams regarding all aspects of drill program design and management.
- Assist in the organization of annual Safety Start-ups and support immensely, Exploration Drill safety training and initiatives such as the Drill Virtual Reality, Drill Fatality Risk Management (FRM) and Live Work Elimination program in conjunction with the responsible functional/project Managers or Superintendents.
- Organize and lead quarterly and routine all cross-functional engagement with all stakeholders to communicate plans and request support for all regional drilling plans across the Business.
- Promote and maintain an environment that supports diversity and inclusion and empowers speaking up among teams.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Liaise with drilling Business Partners and responsible geologists to ensure that all daily drilling reports are accurate and compliant with contractual commitments. Take accountability for their approval.
- Track and analyze all important drilling physical and financial metrics such that performance trends are visible and can be effectively managed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Take accountability for the optimization of the drilling programs based on the trends observed and report on the effectiveness of remedial actions.
- Drive or support continuous improvement projects to improve drill productivity and costs.
- Collaborate with the Exploration Planning and Portfolio Management group to develop the most effective tools for the tracking and analysis of drilling metrics.
- Support project teams in the identification of and status tracking for optimal drilling platforms for different surface and underground drilling programs.
Planning, Reporting and Cost Management
- Provide Management with a monthly report detailing key drilling physical and financial metrics and trends and make recommendations regarding remedial actions. Ensure that this information is translated into the Africa region Exploration Monthly Report.
- Advise Management on appropriate productivity rates and unit costs to be incorporated into quarterly forecasts and annual budgets in collaboration with the Exploration Drill Services Manager.
- Develop and maintain an optimized surface drilling schedule through liaison with project teams.
- Support the generation of new contracts for all drilling and earthwork operations through the provision of Scope of Work drafts for review and approval.
- Provide oversight of the use of project codes in daily drilling reports to ensure that drilling database outputs are robust.
- Support continual development of systems and procedures to improve safety, compliance and efficiency.
Your Training, Skills, And Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor of Science/High National Diploma/NVQ Level 6/ADIA Certificate-4 in Geosciences, Survey, Mineral Drilling, or related fields.
- Mincom Certification of Inspection Engineer/Drill Supervisor.
- The ability to drive a culture of inclusion, diversity, collaboration, and innovation.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong mentorship ability.
- Prior experience in budget construction and delivering to budget.
- Experience with regional and/or near-mine exploration activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A minimum of 10 years in the mineral exploration drilling industry with a combined underground and surface experience in a Supervisory role.
- Experience using scheduling software (e.g., Microsoft Project or similar) and databases with large data handling experience.
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A valid manual C-class license and 4WD capable.
- Results driven.
- Safety oriented.
- Attentive to detail.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.