Finance Specialist - GIZFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
A key element of the national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation. The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavour by improving the conditions for the creation of decent and productive employment
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Scope of Role:
- The Finance Specialist will be responsible for providing support in ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring that financial administration functions are performed well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures.
- Ensures that information is exchanged between project/programme staff, partners, and other institutions.
- Prepares commercial eligibility checks (KEP) on partner institutions
- Prepares to onboard for consultants and financing agreement implementing partners.
- Supports the preparation of internal controls and external audits.
- Responsible for cash based on the vouchers collected daily and reconciles the cash book and cash account daily.
- Supports in administering and maintaining the filing system according to GIZ procedures and adherence to confidentiality.
- Supports in the preparation Of Business Trips, Arrange National Flights, Conferences, And Workshops (National/International)
- Carries out accounting procedures using WINPACCS bankbook and cashbook software, balancing both books periodically, always prepared for both regular and unannounced cash counts and bank reconciliation statements.
- Report without delay, to the person responsible for accounting & finance, all problems in financial administration and compliance with rules.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in BA/BSc Accounting, Finance, or a similar area
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience with a focus on accounting and administration.
- Good working experience in IT-based accounting programs
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Ms office)
- Strong command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Rendering result-oriented performance
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.