Junior Finance Specialist - GIZ GhanaFinance Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Free Tuition Scholarships to Study in UK, US etc.
Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of Role:
The incumbent will provide support services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards; financial administration regulations and internal controls are complied with. The Ideal candidate must come with the desire to establish themselves in a modern and global organization.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensuring that financial administration functions are performed well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
- Preparing cheques, bank transfers and deposits at the bank (when necessary)
- Calculates national and international travel claims.
- Financial planning, monitoring, and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects
- Giving advice to the projects, business partners and counterparts
- Monitors income, expenditure, and the monthly bank reconciliation
- Reconciles the cash book and cash account daily
- Processes settlement of applications for the reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Checks unexpected entries in the cash book.
- Carries out internal controls, - both checklist and monthly error sheets as yearly internal controls of projects- in accordance with GIZs internal controlling manual.
- Checks the vouchers and receipts submitted by the projects/programmes for completeness and allocation to cost units and categories and corrects these where necessary.
- Carries out accounting tasks using WINPACCS accounting software and prepares monthly end-of-period accounts and bank reconciliation vouchers.
- Submits the end-of-month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers (through or from WINPACCS) to the officer responsible for the contract and cooperation and forwards them to GIZ Head Office.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualification Required & Experience
- University Degree in BA/BSc Accounting, Auditing, or a similar area
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience with a focus on accounting administration in a comparable position.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications. (e.g. MS Office)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Very good knowledge of the English language, ideally a knowledge of German
- Proactive attitude towards personnel and institutional changes
- Team player
- Result-orientated performance
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed- corresponding measures are agreed with management
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.