Junior Gender and HR Specialist - GIZ GhanaHuman Resource Management Jobs In Ghana 2023
Jobs In Accra 2023
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, TVET, energy and environment, and peace and security.
Promote a feminist development policy is one of the main objectives of the German Government
- The role is part of the Country Office HR team and provides Gender-related measures to both the Country Office and more importantly the projects run by GIZ Ghana.
- The role is to support GIZ Ghana in the institutionalization and mainstreaming of gender equality across GIZ Ghana, both internally and in project activities implementation, especially with regard to HR-related issues, like gender training programmes. Support the Country Director in gender-related issues in providing technical support to project teams regarding gender, monitor and report on gender issues; create avenues to manage and share knowledge on gender and best practices
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Scope of the Role:
- Ensure the good execution of all gender-related measures on Country Level, by working together with the Gender Focal Point (GPF) on Country Level, especially in coordination with the GFP group of GIZ Ghana, support the planning and executing of activities and campaigns, creating gender awareness within the company and communicating on gender topics in close consultation with Country Director.
- Support GIZ Ghana in conceptualizing more concrete contributions to promoting the implementation of gender equality and gender equity, by following GIZ Gender Strategy and other relevant internal guidelines
- Cooperating with GIZ’s Gender Network, managing the exchange of information on gender beyond GIZ Ghana, e.g., participating in exchanges, and sharing good practices from the country level.
- Support the management team of GIZ Ghana in identifying the main gender-related bottlenecks and needs and in defining priorities for addressing these bottlenecks and needs.
- Support in the strategic orientation of the gender policy in Ghana
- Assisting HR Specialists with contract management, and onboarding preparations (identifies existing GIZ HR resources in the country and/or region, writes job advertisements and ensures publication in appropriate print and/or online media) per GIZ standards in the HR department.
- Support to the elaboration of relevant policies and SOPs
Qualification Required & Experience
- First degree in Gender studies, social science, HR, or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts of gender equality and equity and gender mainstreaming
- A minimum of 3 years of practical experience in the implementation of gender mainstreaming approaches in programmes and/or at the institutional level.
- Experience with the design and implementation of gender-sensitive measures
- Desirable result-based monitoring systems.
- Strong analytical and advisory skills
- Ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing; polished, target-group oriented style.
- Ability to take initiative and work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.